Tripple wammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripple wammy

Has anyone ever used Topomax, Campral and Naltrexone all at the same time? Would it be more effective than taking just one of these? Would it be safe?

If there is any information out there, I'd love to hear it.

Tripple wammy

I highly doubt that would be safe. They all alter the brain in some way. I would not risk it.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tripple wammy

You're probably right. I haven't seen where anyone is doing that, so there may be something wrong with it. I have seen studies where they give one control group Campral, one group Naltrexone and one group both. The guys that take both do slightly better, so I am pretty sure you can take those two together. Adding Topomax might be too much though.

Really the reason I ask is that I have Topomax and I wanted to try the other two so I have ordered them. I will have all three but I won't take them at the same time unless I can determine that it is safe.

Comment

Tripple wammy

Pete1,
        Talk to your Dr. but in the meantime you can go to Drugs.com and check the interaction. Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tripple wammy

Pete, I'd be willing to bet that you aren't going to be able to determine that it's safe, because there won't be any published studies in which people took all three... Sounds like a bad idea!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Tripple wammy

Belive me, I am not loose with taking powerful drugs. this Topomax is serious stuff. I do want to try the Campral/ Naltrexone combo without the Topomax if it is safe though. It should have less side effects, but help alot with cravings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can take those together.

Comment

Tripple wammy

Whoa, Kriger,

I took your advice and went to drugs.com. Holy crap, everything is bad to mix with Topomax! Including alcohol. And herbal products (didn't list Kudzu specifically). Totally dangerous stuff. It also says the highest reccomended dose is 50 mg per day! People on this site are taking way more than that!

Campral looks harmless.

Naltrexone should not be mixed with anything like asprine or Tylanol. It also should not be mixed with alcolol which makes me wonder about the Sincair method. Drugs.com says mixing it with AL is toxic to the liver (more than just because AL is bad for the liver.

Comment

Working...
              X