Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen

Hi, everyone.

I do want to say that my craving factor is down and I am only on 30 mg a day!! Well below Ameisen's dosage.

I am titrating up to 40 mg tomorrow.

I believe I will use Ameisen's method of titrating up until all cravings are gone. Period. Hopefully, in my case, that will be well below the 270 mg he got up to.

Marbella, I agree. Antabuse helps to keep you from drinking but it does not help with the "mental" aspect that others seem to be able to deal with to easily. I recognize this mental aspect lasts a long time due to the changes in our brain chemistry.

One of the appeals to me for using Baclofen (if it works) is that it is also a drug used to treat my nerve condition. So, win/win, eh?

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen

I titrated up to 40 mg last night.

I am taking 10 mg/10 mg/20 mg spread throughout the day.

However, today I think I am going to do it 10 - 20 - 10 because, of course, afternoons can be a bit rough at times, so I think that dosing schedule will more accurately reflect my craving schedule.

We shall see how it goes.

Sober so far!! and happy!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen

Good news. Can't wait to hear more.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Baclofen

Just an update.

I am still sober. I am doing well despite the stress and anxiety of my concerns with my marriage, etc.

I did go shopping yesterday about an hour after taking 20 mg of Baclofen and 300 mg of Gabapentin. I did get woozy and a little off balance.

By the time I got home, I was fine. It lasted about half an hour. Not too bad. Just waited to drive home until I felt less weird.

Love,
          Cindi

Not to confuse, I do still crave but have been able to abstain anyway. I am going to titrate up until it "goes away" or I figure it isn't going to work. :-)
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen

Hi Cindy.

What is gabapentin for?
            Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Baclofen

Believer,

It is a drug I take for my facial nerve pain. However, the doctor who prescribed it mentioned that Baclofen is often used in conjunction with Gabapentin for the condition.

Since I had some from last year, I decided to try the Baclofen and felt reasonably safe in taking it with the Gabapentin based on the doctor's offhand comment.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen

Cinders;453681 wrote: Just an update.

I am still sober. I am doing well despite the stress and anxiety of my concerns with my marriage, etc.

I did go shopping yesterday about an hour after taking 20 mg of Baclofen and 300 mg of Gabapentin. I did get woozy and a little off balance.

By the time I got home, I was fine. It lasted about half an hour. Not too bad. Just waited to drive home until I felt less weird.

Love,
                Cindi

Not to confuse, I do still crave but have been able to abstain anyway. I am going to titrate up until it "goes away" or I figure it isn't going to work. :-)
                Cindi

I am thrilled this seems to be helping you.

Is there anything you can do to back it up- like eating a big meal at certain times of the day to make drinking even less of a temptation?

Comment

Baclofen

I am at 80 mg of Baclofen a day. The highest recommended dosage.

I will stay here for a week.

My cravings are minimal. I had a desire this morning. (I am an all day drinker, not just an after work, trying to rest drinker.) but was able to smash it down really easily!! Not like me, trust me. It just went away after a couple of minutes.

Of course, I have made the commitment to be sober. So, I am not sure if it is the Baclofen or my commitment. However, I must say, I have made this commitment before, this time I am able to stick with it.

My side effects are pretty minimal. About half an hour after I take my dose, I am a little bit "off balance" but doing okay. I haven't had a dizzy spell like the shopping trip Sunday, since then.

We shall see if I stay AF this coming week and next. I have to travel next week and that is rough on me drinking-wise. I truly want to stay sober AND be serene about being sober, not white knuckling it.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen

Cindi, it's wonderful to see you doing so well!

Comment

Baclofen

:new:Hi, I am new! I have really been trying for the last two years and I have had some success, but I always slip up, back into my 24-7 drinking habit. I have tried naltrexone and it works for me, but somehow time goes by and I end up drinking, not sure if I stop taking it or what. I will log it better this time. I have tried the shot last time releases for a month and drank within 4 days back to 24-7), but I have much better craving reductions with the daily a(at night) pill. (50 mg) I have added to this 10 mg 3x a day of baclofen. I am a very active woman, yoga, nia, pilates, surfing, I have not (in the now five days) had any physical problems from the baclofen. So dear fellow addicts, good luck and let's all have a successful and happy new year. THIS IS THE BEST SITE I HAVE FOUND for this problem, thanks for being there.lanter:

Comment

Baclofen

oceanaocean;506524 wrote: :new:Hi, I am new! I have really been trying for the last two years and I have had some success, but I always slip up, back into my 24-7 drinking habit. I have tried naltrexone and it works for me, but somehow time goes by and I end up drinking, not sure if I stop taking it or what. I will log it better this time. I have tried the shot last time releases for a month and drank within 4 days back to 24-7), but I have much better craving reductions with the daily a(at night) pill. (50 mg) I have added to this 10 mg 3x a day of baclofen. I am a very active woman, yoga, nia, pilates, surfing, I have not (in the now five days) had any physical problems from the baclofen. So dear fellow addicts, good luck and let's all have a successful and happy new year. THIS IS THE BEST SITE I HAVE FOUND for this problem, thanks for being there.lanter:
                        keep us posted, i like nal and am thinking of switiching to bal as its much cheaper.

Comment

Baclofen

Happy New Year! Went out to a dinner and dance last night and was able to not drink, and all around me people were really drinking. I did not have any urge at all. I am really very upset currently in my life. But right now, although I am emotionally shaken, I do not want or desire a drink . I don't really like the way the meds are making me feel physically, but hard to tell what is really happening as I am in such a bad state of mind.
                          I am so afraid of losing my husband, my home and all of my life, and now it is at the final state and the sword is hanging over my head.
                          I do have hope for myself with all this good information about the meds and hopefully all shall turn out for the best.
                          Thanks for being there.
                          I wrote on another thread that I can not remember where I found the info about taking 50mg Naltrexone and 5mg 3x a day pf Baclofen, but that is the plan I am following at the moment. I thought I found the info from Dr. Olivier Ameisen but as I reread his article, he is using a monotherapy of Baclofen. I thought it was from his book (which I do not have) that he suggested the co-therapy. I shall try to find my source again, but if anyone knows the source please let me know.
                          Hope you all are doing well. :fingers:

Comment

Working...
                          X