Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other extreme athletes out there?

Hi all,

I am a marathon runner and spin instructor and have been on topa for 8 days now. I was off from running and spin for the first few days of the medication but have been working out pretty hard the past few days. So far, I feel okay. I am just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced any weird side effects while on this medication and working out hard. My long runs are only about 10 miles right now but soon they will be in the teens and eventually 20's.

Of course, my timing is perfect and horrible at the same time. It is giving me something else to focus my energy on but I would prefer not to have to be going through all of this nonsense right now

I would just like to hear from others who may have already been through the initial stages of the medication and are athletes. Not even necessarily to the extreme of marathon runner but something consistant and strenous!

Thanks.............

Avid Runner-Slowed Down by Topamax

I have been on Topamax for about 3 weeks now and am up to 100mg a day. I started out with the 25 mg and worked my way up. At first I couldn't remember the name of the drug or how to get to my gym, it was funny and thankfully that quickly went away. Now I have lost a good 7 pounds already. I was already quite slim being an avid runner and someone who likes to workout. I have no interest in food so most days I hardly eat, I know the side effects of this drug also include muscle weakness so I am trying to find out if it is the missing calories causing my workouts/runs to suffer or the drug. I am trying to make an effort to eat just in the last couple of days now that I realize the weight is falling off almost daily. Any athletes out there overcome these side effects? I was running 5-8 miles 4 to 6 days a week and doing weight training for 30-45 mins 3 to 5 days a week and I just really miss it. I just did it because I enjoyed it... anyway, I hope I am in good company as I am in a fog lately and can't speak and write as well as I use to, so I am sure this letter is in circles... hope it makes sense! Thanks!

Comment

IAD Sherip.......I'm in to Extreme Sports ! Ha!
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

:cheering is that you Iad ,Your to much:H:H:H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Extream Toilet Seat Pitching. IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD ... good to see you posting on the Extreme Athletes thread ... I knew all that training would pay off ... hahahahahaha .........
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
            X