Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Had Experience with Baclofen or Naltrexone for Alcoholism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Had Experience with Baclofen or Naltrexone for Alcoholism?

Hi everyone, I’m really hoping to get some advice or hear about personal experiences. My boyfriend has been struggling with alcohol addiction for a while now, and he’s tried to quit on his own several times, but he always ends up relapsing. It’s been so tough, and I’m trying to figure out what more I can do to support him.

I’ve been researching different medications that might help, like Baclofen and Naltrexone, since I’ve heard they can reduce cravings and make it easier to stay sober. Has anyone here had success using either of these medications? How did it go, and were there any side effects?

At the same time, I’ve also been looking into other treatment options, including structured intervention programs. I found this place called Pacific Interventions that specializes in interventions and addiction treatment, and I’m considering reaching out to them. They seem to offer a mix of treatment approaches, including detox programs, which makes me think it could be a good fit. I’m just not sure how medications like Baclofen or Naltrexone would fit into that kind of program, or if it’s something I should suggest to my boyfriend separately.

If anyone has experience with these medications or has gone through an intervention with someone they love, I’d really appreciate any advice or insight. I want to do everything I can to help him, but I also want to make sure I’m approaching this in the right way.​
Working...
X