Anyone taking Neurontin/Gabapentin?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My doctor prescribed Gabapentin instead of Topamax, she felt that he patients on Topamax are slowed down and forgetful. She says it also curbs alcohol cravings, wondering if anyone else is on it?
    :thanks:
    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

I checked web.md .... It doesn't state anything about being approved for drinking problems. I am a bit skeptical ... Perhaps someone else can jump in ... I am not a doctor, but do know that alot of the mood stabilizers (or epilectic) meds help with those with drinking problems. Are you seeing a regular gp or a pdoc ? Pdocs are more adept at prescribing meds for alcoholism .. just my 2 cents ...

Sk
    AF since 1/2009

Comment

She is a P doc, and was against topamax, so far it is not helping with cravings, but I am on a low dose.

Comment

Let us know how it works for you. If it doesn't work, perhaps your pdoc will prescribe Campral. Campral has helped alot of members with cravings.
        AF since 1/2009

Comment

Swans...try PM'ing Cinders...she has been on many different meds, she would know best.

R2C
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
          :h

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will get in touch with cinders.

Comment

Working...
            X