Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to see addiction doctor on monday need some help

hi

i new to this forum and have been detoxed more that three time in the last year my family doctor will only precribe antibuse (which i drank on and thought i was about to die) I would rather eat glass than take that again.

I am finally able to see an addiction doctor on monday and would like to know what i should be asking for to stop the cravings and so that if i drink on the medication it will not make me feel like death! I have read a lot of post on here but am a bit confused about topomax and naltrexon, do they do the same thing? it seems like topomax has more side effects. But i was wondering if anybody has experienced both could suggest which one had the best bearable effect

warmest regards

katie

hey i am no expert but just wanted to welcome you. you are in a good place x
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Hiya Katie, welcome to you!
      You live near the same neck of the woods as me (northants)
      I have not taken any of the meds only the supplements but I am sure someone will be able to give you some good advice on which one is best...
      Good luck with your doctor appointment on Monday and you have made a great start by posting here!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Katie! That is my daugther's nick name. Are you taking any supps? Have you made a list of what to talk to doc about? I can help you with that, if you like. I work very close with my GP. Antibuse can only be taken effectively after you have detoxed for a few days, same with Campral.
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
        X