What happens then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens then?

When one gets their topamax, titrates up to the recomended dose, then titrates down, not to throw one's body into shock, (titrating down wasnt shown in the chart in the book, but I think everyone agrees that needs done) are you then at the end of the of the program, 'cured' or does one need to continue taking at lower dose for a while?
    I have been following this for some time. I cant say Ive ever herd exactly what it does to fix ones problem. Naltrexone supposedly re-train's your pleasure center to not find the joy in AL that one had established from years of drinking, so what exactly does Topa. do?
    I do apologize if this has been asked and explained a hundred times. Ive been reading and searching for quite a few months and dont remember nor could I find the answer.
    Thanks!

What happens then?

Topamax/Topiramate works by affecting chemicals in the brain that are involved in sending signals to nerves

Also check out this website: Topamax Medication as Treatment for Alcoholism - Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers at - Alcohol & Drug Abuse Rehab Treatment
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
    X