How to decide which med to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Just curious how everybody decided which medication was right for them? I order topamax - is that like Naltrexone in what it does (anti seizure)? And it seems Campral is different altogether. Any one have suggestions
    no time like the present

I have tried all 3 that you mention. The Naltrex worked great for me when i was coming off a slip..I took it and the desire to drink left in a day or 2.
    TOPA is the strongest anti craving drug for me...I took it over Christmas when i had to be around AL and made it thru with flying colors..campral doesn't seem to work as well as the other, for me...but everyone is different. i think it is good to have choices and do some trail and error..there is no MAGIC pill but they sure have helped me.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

thanks for that evie lou. i started topamax today, but very low dosage and i am going to try to cut down at first rather than cold turkey it. cheers (is say that without a glass in my hand by the way!)
      no time like the present

Comment

I find the TOPA takes about 3 days until it starts to really work...best of luck with it !!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
        X