Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral

Well, I caved in again. Started Campral second day of being AF. After day four of taking Campral I felt very depressed, edgy and weak. My energy level was nil. Not good. I lasted five days and tied one on on day 6. Had five beers last night and will drink five tonite and try and stop again. Energy level back to normal. I wonder why that is. It's like alcohol is an anti depressent for me not a depressent. Anyone have any suggestions. Why do I feel better when I drink and feel like hell when I do not. Weird.

Campral

i get it

I know exactly how you feel. i am still there too, and you (AND I!) will feel like crap for a while once we quit because our poor bodies are trying to develop some sort of healthy balance. That is the withdrawal period, and it will last a while and we justy have to suck it up and go through it and realize we will feel bad for a while until our bodies recover from the abuse. Then SLOWLY our energy will increase and we will feel like a new normal- a healthy normal. It will suck at times because we are used to numbing our unplesant (NORMAL) day to day feelings, but if we stick to it, it will get better. I am giving you and myself a pep talk because noone else that is not addicted gets it. I will support you, can I also count on some support from you?> I need it too! Good luck, hang in there and God bless

Comment

Campral

I forgot to mention, I am on capral too

Comment

Campral

campral doesn't work well for me...ESPECALLY if I drink...Have you tried baclofen...there is no magic pill but it helps even if you drink.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Campral

Evie.Lou;535638 wrote: campral doesn't work well for me...ESPECALLY if I drink...Have you tried baclofen...there is no magic pill but it helps even if you drink.
          Hi Evie
          how do you feel if you drink when you're on Campral? My dr. hasn't heard about baclofen she was reading and says that they've only done 2 studies on it so she recommends campral instead. She said her experience has been that when she prescribes the baclofen as a muscle relaxent people complain about stomach issues and feeling high/light headed. I'm kind of disappointed she prefers to give me campral because from what I've read in "the end of my addiction" it looks like it really worked for Dr. Ameisen
          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Campral

Evie.Lou;535638 wrote: campral doesn't work well for me...ESPECALLY if I drink...Have you tried baclofen...there is no magic pill but it helps even if you drink.
            Hi Evie
            how do you feel if you drink when you're on Campral?
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
            ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Campral

serendipity

Hi Folks,
              I just searched for a comparison betweeen topomax (which I have taken for pain) and campral, which a friend uses.
              Popped up right here on the site I have been needing to get back too.

I want to understand how these drug work...someone mention muscle relaxers- way less scary to me then anti-seizure meds. I know that folks in detox are often given Valium.
              Guess I'll just keep cruising around.
              See ya,
              RolyPoly

Comment

Campral

Just wanted to share my experience-I have been taking Campral since going through something called perception therapy in February. I have not had one urge or desire to drink. No daily battle. However, I have gotten a few of the "minor" side effects such as muscle and joint pain (on another prescription because it was so bad), tired at the end of the day (maybe working harder than ever), and a large decrease in desire for intimacy with me wife (she has noticed)...HOWEVER, I am not changing anything with the Campral because for me it worked magic.

I hope everyone finds what will work for them.

Comment

Campral

Campral only works for 1 in 3 people. It's not a sedative, muscle relaxant but works more on brain chemistry. You can't feel any sort of effects from it, only that you don't want to drink as much anymore. For me it's never worked but perhaps that's because I wasn't ready?

Comment

Campral

HI there,
                    I've been on Campral since June 15. Jackson - the bad feelings you had at day 4 were probably related to WD, not Campral, is my guess. I find that if I take it daily when I'm supposed to I don't have the desire to drink. No problems with intimacy with hubby, either, no other side effects for me.
                    That being said, I have taken a few holidays in the last month - and if I drink with Campral I get completely smashed so fast. However, I find it easy the very next day to go back AF and stay that way - until I decide again to break.
                    How weird does that sound? I'm planning my cheating, huh.
                    Well anyway I think I'm ready to go AF for 30 days now. Out of the past 33 days, all but 6 have been AF. Not sure how much of an achievement that is, but I do feel a lot better, and no longer have WD the day after drinking. In fact, I have a hangover, which I haven't had in years, which helps get me back AF.
                    Please keep logging your experience too!
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Campral

support

Hi folks,

I think af 33 days (even with 6 off) is a great accomplishment.:goodjob: I am so aware that I feel so much better drinking nothing.
                      If I can just maintain a nice glass of wine with my guy at dinner I will be happy. I am thinking I need totall af for a while.

Valium is not to curb craving...it is to help your body handle withdrawal from alcohol. Going off is just like any other drug...only tapering is not always a good option for some...
                      I've been told takes around 6 days off to really begin to experience the withdrawal as your body uses up every little bit stored???
                      Opinions on that, just anecdotal.

I am going to really give this a go. Have the book...many supplements...probably can't go with the meds.
                      I will appreciate all the help I can get. I'm starting at the bottom...drinking some of the problem.
                      Depression, lonly, self esteem...all that stuff.
                      I'm diving in the pool and will need a birds eye view of the other end.
                      :thanks:
                      Roly

Comment

Campral

Roly,

:welcome: back and dive on in.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                        X