Zoloft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoloft?

My psych is recommending zoloft for me - to ease me off alcohol and lorazapam. I would love to hear other people's experiences with Zoloft to moderate drinking?

:thanks:

Zoloft?

Karla ......I'm on Zoloft, if your depressed it's great, stop drinking ( I don't know !?! ) It all depends on why you drink. If your addicted to alcohol then Kuduz will help more. (It takes away that addicted behavior you have) MWO has a good quality brand of the herb. Helps me. IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Zoloft?

I've been on zoloft for years and years. I literally felt the black cloud move away after I started taking it. I don't know about helping with drinking, as I never drank due to depression. I just have faulty wiring...:H
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Zoloft?

My father was a Manic Depressive. He spent time in an Hospital ( Walter Reed, He was in the Army) He was on Prozac all his life, it really helped him. He did'nt become an alcoholic ! He had his little beer durning the Baseball games and on family and friend gatherings, never drank in excess. So thinking that taking a anti depressent to take care of alcoholism is baffeling to me.. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Zoloft?

I took zoloft for months, for depression, not to stop drinking. Because I didn't stop.
          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Zoloft?

Karla, Zoloft is a reasonably good anti-depressant. But... quitting alcohol is probably the best anti-depressant that you can find... Zoloft is used for some conditions other than depression, but I don't believe it has any recognized usefulness in alcohol cessation. If you're trying to get off long-term use of lorazepam, that's another matter, of course, you will naturally experience heightened anxiety. Zoloft might be somewhat helpful, with that... and unlike lorazepam, it is not addictive.

Comment

Working...
            X