Injesting hand sanitizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injesting hand sanitizer

We have an individual that has consumed hand sanitizer because alcoholic bevrages were note available and it was. It contains over 60 alcohol. Any suggestions? Can topimax help?

Injesting hand sanitizer

"We have an individual"? Could you say a bit more?

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

How about ER to get his stomach pumped.
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

How old is this person? Topamax will not help.

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

this is a disturbing post, could you elaborate or come back and tell us what is going on?

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

why are you asking here? This is an emergency and requires medical attention. Actually, I am calling BS on this post but will give you the benefit of the doubt. Take this person to the ER and if you are his friend, he needs better ones.

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

SpringerRider;542294 wrote: Actually, I am calling BS on this post but will give you the benefit of the doubt.
              SR I am with you on this one... reluctant to "call out" a brand new person, but this looks like total nonsense. If this person has or knows about a genuine problem that "someone" is having, I hope s/he will come back and clarify.

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

Well, at least he'll have a clean Gualett.......IAD ( I think this is bull.......Ha! )
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

Maybe you are the one that has ingested hand sanitizer. We are all here to help, please clarify.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

One of the recent Interventions I watched (last Monday or the Monday before that) showed a young man who, while in the hospital, squeezed hand sanitizer into a glass and topped it off with water. He drank some, BUT I am not sure how much, and aside from the "television audience" I don't recall anyone addressing it. (like stomach pumping, etc. I am sure the camera crew informed somebody, because it MUST be poisonous to injest, but I don't know what if anything came of it.) That is the only time in my entire life I have heard of this. The alcohol in hand sanitizer is like the alcohol in rubbing alcohol, right??? So it is not the kind people can drink, right??

I sure hope if this is real, and you know of a person who did this...or if it was you, the poison control hotline was called for info,(like induce vomitting, or not, etc) and a hospital ER visit.
                    I sure hope this isn't a joke, because I am worried this could really hurt a person. So I am worried about the person you wrote about.
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

Keeta, I thought about the same thing... saw that same episode. I think you're right, that hand sanitizer is mostly "rubbing alcohol" which is indeed pretty toxic, if you drink enough of it (and some hard-core drunks have done that) you could really get in bad trouble... Nothing funny about it, at all...

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

I reckon this person watched the same programme ....
                        ?We are one another's angels?
                        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

This just an old Sailor's rec. They use to get after shave and strain it through a loaf of French Bread. Wala ! Happy Hour mates. IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Injesting hand sanitizer

There are many toxic ingredients in hand sanitizer besides alcohol and if anyone ingests it they should seek medical attention as soon as possible. I worked in ER and have seen people convulse and worse from these kinds of things. This is not a drink and has not been manufactured as a drink. My very STRONG push is get ye to a doctor!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X