What's it like taking campral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean do you notice your on it or feel like you're on something? From what I read it works kinda like anti-depressants rising dopamine? I've always felt weirded out after a day or two of ADs so I stop almost immediately.

Those with experinece can you share with me what it feels like oif anything??

Thank you.

Foor me it was immediately great. You know that anxious feeling you get that says "I could sure use a drink"? Well taking Campral really eliminates the anxiety and calms you down. It doesn't make you fuzzy or affect your ability to think at all.

Comment

I've been on Campral for a couple of months, but it really didn't work well until I started taking it as prescribed (2 tabs 3x a day). I have been alcohol free for almost 30 days. I don't have cravings and it takes the anxiety and irritability away. I had to stop it for a couple of days and the cravings and irritability came right back. As soon as I started taking it again, the cravings disappeared and so did the anxiety and irritability. It's important to take it as your doc prescribes or else it doesn't work. I don't feel anything other than "normal", like before I started drinking and I had been drinking everyday for 10 yrs. Give it a try. It's short acting so if you have a problem with it, you'll probably be fine in a day or so.
      AF since 1/2009

Comment

Working...
      X