Naltrexone vs Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone vs Campral

I have 2 questions, can anyone comment on naltrexone's side effects? I have an autoimmune disorder (in addition to drinking too much) and I have heard that it can be effective for both.

Also, any ideas on ordering it without a prescription?

Thanks

Naltrexone vs Campral

Sorry this title is wrong, I originally meant to ask about any thoughts about the 2 drugs and then changed my mind. Apologies

Comment

Naltrexone vs Campral

Hi Samantha. there is loads of information for naltrexone on the Sinclair method threads in this forum. There are some people who are already using it who will be best placed to answer your questions.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Naltrexone vs Campral

Hey Samantha -- I have noticed that low-dose nalrrexone is used for some autoimmune disorders with great results. If you just google low-dose naltrexone I'm sure you will get a flood of info.

As for side effects, there can be nausea the first day or two. But for the vast majority it goes away permanently. I've noticed a little tinnitus which is very rare, but no big deal to me. I don't get it most days and when I do, tinnitus is easily controlled w/ 480 mg gingko (anything less is not effective). Otherwise, it would be hard to tell whether I took the naltrexone; it's that free of side effects and most of us have had that experience.

The dose of 50 mg appears to be necessary to get an effective blockade of the brain's opioid receptors, which is how the alcohol craving is extinguished over time. Naltrexone is not particularly effective as an anti-craving med, so if you use it for alcohol issues, please read up on the Sinclair Method for how to do it right.

I don't know about the low-dose regimen for autoimmune disorder treatment.

I order from River. I assumed R Jewell considers them trustworthy to have an ad on this site, so I trust them as well. Many on this site order from River.

Hope this helps. Lena

Comment

Working...
        X