• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies on Topamax

doing thing twice is part of the funny thing i do !:H

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

MDHW...Thanks for asking! I am here! Lots has happened! I have been on 150mg for one week now.

Here's the odd thing. I think I completely figured something out. I had gone from 40mg down to taking only 20mg of Prozac daily when I first started the topa. My dr. did not want me to do this but I have been wanting to get off of prozac b/c of the bad sexual side effects. I had been weaning myself off slowly for about three months prior to that taking one 20mg one day and 40 the next but never anything consistent.

About 9 days ago, I began to take the full 40mg of prozac again. And what do you know...pretty much immediately, like after a couple of days everything improved...my mood, my weight, tiredness. Things are 100% better. I have actually lost 7lbs! I really don't think I should have been screwing around with my prozac b/c I've been on that stuff for well over 10 years.

So anyway. I am not really feeling side effects from the topa or maybe my body has just adapted. OR...maybe it's b/c I am now taking the generic topamac from india from river pharmacy which I just started taking seven days ago....hmmmm....lots of factors.

Alcohol cravings....still here but I have been AF 5 days now. I went to the dr. for blood work yesterday and am so nervous about the results of my liver enzyme tests!
      "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
      March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
      Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
      Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
      Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
      Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
      Goal #6: 6 months
      Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

I am so glad to see so much activity back on here. I do swear one of my side effects is typing. If I posted one of these without editing 3x you could not read it...:H
        125 is great for me. I am having 1 to 1 1/2 glasses of wine a night and I feel great. How long have you all been on topa? Are there great horror stories out there? I am still getting it from Canada so my dr dosen't know. Share all knowledge please.

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hi everyone!

I finally received my Topa and took my first one yesterday afternoon as soon as I picked it up from the mail box. I didn't drink last night, but wasn't planning on it anyway, so that's fine, but I did have a diet coke and it tasted funny---ALREADY!!!! ONE PILL!!!! So my second dose today was feeling a little off, light headed, headachy....but I am feeling better now.

I will keep things up to date....oh, I am 37 will be 38 in May, 5'7", 184lbs. I can do a day or 2 without drinking but once I start, man, look out! So I am working on the Topa for a bit then thinking about the Sinclair Method. I have read excellent results.

Thanks for keeping in touch with your results!!!!!
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

update

let keep this alive DMB !

Good for you Crhristyacc! i also saw a difference after only 1 dose...amazing!

sdlovespackers... how is the 100 mg treating you ?

I just started the 100 mg yesterday so far so good with the craving and side effect.
            i drank yesterday (3 glass of wine) and got a massive headache today doh :-(

keep on keeping on !

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Doing My Best!

You crack me up. I am glad you are doing good. I am glad it is just your typing. I will increase to 75mg tomorrow. SO good so far. I had a tennis tournament this weekend, and had no need to get into the beer drinking between matches. Also, had dinner out with the hubbies Fri night and also was fine with one glass of wine with the meal. I am truly amazed @ myself or the meds or something. Whatever it is, I am happy and healthy for a change. Still taking all the supps as prescribed by latest MWO guidelines. I find I probably have a twinge of irritability with the increased dose but nothing major.

TTYS!!! MDHW
              :nutso::nutso:

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hope10:

Sounds good! You are really working hard. I am on anti-depressants also. I think you were very smart to not mess with the prozac while working the Topa. Keep that mood stable. Keep in touch! You are a head of me so I look forward to your feedback. Thanks so much! MDHW

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hi Everybody,
                  Ok, I am up to 150 topa adn as you can see, I still tyoe like hell on this stuyff; wjat os the deal???I teach school and this had been really tough when I have had to make up teats etc.
                  OH well, at least I an only drinking like one glass of wine a day, which no one would believe from these postsllll
                  HOw is everyone else doing??? I want to hear form all of you.

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hello to all also!

I am on 75mg Topa. Doing ok! Don't really notice much difference from 50mg yet. Still maintaining supp regimen per MWO guidelines. No cravings for alcohol. I am waiting on the weight loss! lol!:H Anyone experiencing any with Topa? Not the main focus but certainly a perk??? I am on week 3 now. I am liking this life style!!!! I think my hubbie is having a little difficulty with it, but he will adjust. I am probably not as much fun for him, but I am much more fun for my kids and myself! MDHW

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hey Christy! Welcome! Keep posting! Glad to hear from you!

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

christyacc;576692 wrote: Hi everyone!

I finally received my Topa and took my first one yesterday afternoon as soon as I picked it up from the mail box. I didn't drink last night, but wasn't planning on it anyway, so that's fine, but I did have a diet coke and it tasted funny---ALREADY!!!! ONE PILL!!!! So my second dose today was feeling a little off, light headed, headachy....but I am feeling better now.

I will keep things up to date....oh, I am 37 will be 38 in May, 5'7", 184lbs. I can do a day or 2 without drinking but once I start, man, look out! So I am working on the Topa for a bit then thinking about the Sinclair Method. I have read excellent results.

Thanks for keeping in touch with your results!!!!!
                        FYI: I am also 5'7" and weigh 180 so let's get this weight off girl!!!!! I am 44! I play tennis like a dog but the alcohol has definitely taken its toll over the years!

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hope10,

How did your blood work go? Good I hope????

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

MDHW, Thank you for asking. Everything was fine. My liver enzymes were normal. What a relief! The only problem is, I found this out on Monday and of course I drank Monday night and last night. I'm so mad at myself! I was up to 9 days AF and then I get a clean bill of health and ruin it! What is wrong with me.

I am up to 175 mg on topa. I am still having cravings! I am only taking the river pharmacy pills right now. I really hope the pills from river are the real deal!!! I am so worried that I will get all the way up to 300mg of topa and still have stupid alcohol cravings. I really want to be sober completely!!!!!!! I cannot go back to how I was drinking until I blacked out about four nights a week!

Who else gets your topamax from River pharmacy and how are you liking it?
                            "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                            March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                            Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                            Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                            Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                            Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                            Goal #6: 6 months
                            Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hey there....

Glad to see everyone is doing well......I bumped up to 50mgs today. I felt a little funky, not nausious, but certainly not hungry--just having my protein shake and my tea and I will be good for a while. I only had 3 beers last night.....quite a feat for me! I will most likely not have any tonight or tomorrow, but am playng poker Friday night so, well, may have a couple then. But I seem to be doing ok.....

I have lost 1.5lbs......happy about that......would like to get to 160.
                              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Newbies on Topamax

Hey All!

Let me see if I can remember the questions...hmmm....I do not get my meds from River. I got my first batch from some pharmacy that began with an A online, then I finally got a script filled from my doc (used coupons obtained online/self pay). Sounds like a ton of people use River on here though. Hopefully others will respond to this thread. If you are not trying the MWO supps, you might give it a shot. I think they really help. I feel really good physically and mentally. First few weeks were a little unsettling but feel very even right now.
                                Hope10 - glad your labs were good! Also, if you don't want to order anything else, you can research the supps on this website and go to your local health food store and obtain the equivalent there. I think MWO has a great price though for the package of everything.

I am enjoying talking to everyone! Shantao?? Doing My Best? Christy?

It is pouring rain here. No tennis the rest of the week! :upset: MDHW

Comment

Working...
                                X