Uk article on Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk article on Baclofen

Apologies if this has been posted before. I've tried Baclofen,not to the doses mentioned in this article though. Perhaps it's worth another try????
    Could this pill cure alcoholism? Doctor drinking himself into an early grave tells of his 'fairy tale' recovery | Mail Online

Uk article on Baclofen

Thanks very much for posting this article, Forever!

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

Hi, I hope you have read my post, Naltrexone and Baclofen - My experience

I read this book by Dr. Ameisen. This excerpt is very clear and concise.

Soon I am going to stop my intake of Nal and administer myself a higher dose of Baclofen. Now I take 20mgs Bac a day. I am slowly upping the dose.

I am thinking I am getting much of my success in regard to battling this "demon AL" from the use of the Bac. I think whatever action is happening in my brain with the drug interaction is giving me assistance with my dealings with reasons that I drink.

I am able to process emotional interactions and day to day life dealings with a calmness. Prior to now I have used Al to attain the level I am comfortable at. I do believe however, the Nal was extremely helpful in enabling me not to drink the first days in the beginning of this two month period.

I would encourage anyone to experiment. You too may find you have desired results.

May your determinations lead you to the place of your desires:heart::heart::heart:

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

Ocean

Thanks for your reply. I've read your thread and picked up a lot of interesting points in it.

Thank you

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

Forever, what was your experience with Bac? How did it work for you? What doses did you take?

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

Ocean

I was prescribed Baclofen for head pains after a bad sinus infection. I can't remember the dosage. It's only since reading on here about Baclofen/alcoholism that I've investigated further and am considering taking it again. I know at the time I was taking it I wasn't drinking (which for me is a miracle as I'm a 24/7 kinda girl) but I think that was probably due to the fact I felt absolutely terrible with the head pain.

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

Forever;557839 wrote: Ocean

I was prescribed Baclofen for head pains after a bad sinus infection. I can't remember the dosage. It's only since reading on here about Baclofen/alcoholism that I've investigated further and am considering taking it again. I know at the time I was taking it I wasn't drinking (which for me is a miracle as I'm a 24/7 kinda girl) but I think that was probably due to the fact I felt absolutely terrible with the head pain.
              Me too, 24/7 and the Bac has been helping me, but I am getting cravings now again! I am off site, having a bad time receiving connection at home for one week now. I hope it gets back up soon, I am REALLY MISSING ALL YOU FOLKS!:heart::heart::heart:

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

so does anyone have a DR that will prescribe Baclofen for cravings? I'm new to the site but not drinking.

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

deb -

Where do you live?

Comment

Uk article on Baclofen

bump

Comment

Working...
                    X