Vistaril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vistaril

I am going to ask my doctor for a script to be used prn for anxiety.

Anyone here ever use it? Its other name is Atarax.

It is not addictive, so I am quite interested.

Thanks!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Vistaril

bump. :-)

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Vistaril

sorry cindi....I'll bump again for ya.....I know nothing tho
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Vistaril

It's an antihistimine, as far as I know. I was prescribed it once, and found it to be a good sleeping pill (sort of like benadryl). If it works for you, that's great. I don't think it is addictive. It's supposed to act quickly, though, and I don't recall that part. Also, it's supposed to have a sort half-life, which I definitely don't recall. I see no reason not to try it, though.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Vistaril

Beatle,

Hi!!! Good to see you.

Thanks for the info. It was prescribed at rehab for anxiety but I never took it.

However, I am finding that anxiety attacks are one of my most basic and fundamental triggers and hard to fight.

So, if Vistaril works on anxiety, I may want to give it a try on a prn type basis.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Vistaril

Hi Cindi!

I think Ativan (lorazepam) works better on anxiety for most people, mainly because you can put it under your tongue and it gets into your blood faster. Of course, it is a benzo, which are highly addictive -- NOTE: highly addictive when taken in significant doses every day for several weeks. So I wouldn't let the Ativan frighten you-- you'll never get a high from it like alcohol, so as long as you only take it as needed, you can feel calm about it. I got a bottle of 100 (1mg) pills 2 or 3 years ago and less than half have been used. So even for me, a highly addictive personality, these pills don't scare me.

Nonetheless, why not give the Atarax a chance?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
            X