topamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topamax

topa may cause depression while on it to some people. my question is, when a person stops it after a few weeks the depression should go aoway right? it doesnt like permanently cause depression in a person .. right?

topamax

Honestly I don't think anyone could answer that for you as everyone is different and responds differently to medications. I think the most important thing is to be very open and honest with your doctor that is prescribing the medication to you. I have found it helpful to keep a journal of how I've felt during each week I've been on it so when I go to my appointments I can look back and tell him...it's easy to forget...plus with women...and hormones...I didn't know if that would come into play or not???? So I just wanted him to have all the facts...hope this helps...good luck!!
    SD
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

topamax

I am tapering..

I am still learning about Topa -- but I am tapering... I was on 150mg and am now on 75 ... I am on an AD so it is a case by case matter but I am happy to help...
      Tiny

Comment

topamax

and did you guys feel depressed at all on it? did it go away or stay or..

Comment

topamax

I was on Topa and had NO signs of depression. I did get confused easily so it interfered with my thinking process. I switched to baclofen 10 mg. 3 times a day and have no side effects except for it takes away the desire for me to drink.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
          X