Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin's Campral Notes

Thanks Aunt Sissy ,

It took me a couple of days of avoidance but I started 4 days ago & so far totatlly AF & the amazing thing is I'm not really missing it ...I do think about sometimes but I dont feel that need to grab the bottle of wine off the supermarket shelf .!

So so far so good & you are a real encouragement---nearly 2 months is amazing!!!

Comment

Justin's Campral Notes

Hi!
      Great New's. Just wake up every morning and tell your-self you dont drink! then your mind helps out your body get through the withdrawals easier. x

Comment

Justin's Campral Notes

:upset:Hi! Is there anyone out there anymore! If anyone cares I've been sober 4 over 2 months now! Life is wonderful! I have actually put my both my body mind and soul into enjoying not drinking! P.S I personally never waited 4 the 2 week period before taking campral! yes the first day was a little tough! No worse than a relly bad hangover and hopefully the last! I orginally gained wait now i'm losing it! If I am posting messages on the wrong page could someone let me know! I want support I could talk 2 myself without having 2 bother helping others. x:H

Comment

Justin's Campral Notes

Hi Aunty Sissy, Glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm new to MWO (well, been lurking a while but just joined) I'm an aussie as well. I am 18 days AF and am on Naltrexone. I am not doing Sinclair method and have no plans to moderate. I pray each day to remain sober. I'm still early days but already feel heaps better. Detox knocked me around abit and I don't want to go throught that again. I know I could never moderate. I've never had just one glass of wine. Naltrexone is working for me - it is helping heaps with the cravings, I've also changed my shifts at work so that I'm working either afternoon or night shift (times I'd usually drink). It'd be great to have a friend who is a little ahead of me to encourage each other etc. I was tossing up b/w campral and naltrexone, only reason I didn't do the campral was my doctor said it would have to be a private script, over $300. I do think she got her info wrong, but anyway the naltrexone is working. I'm going off for a walk now, with a clear head! Sissy, keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Comment

Justin's Campral Notes

Hi all,

I ma also taking antabus along with campral. While taking Campral, have you had the following side effect without beeing drunk:

If talking to some one, or on the phone, despite the fact that was sober to "Bumble" the words as I was a litlle drunk?

Comment

Justin's Campral Notes

:new:
              Hi everybody. Justin thank you for starting this thread. I have been on campral for two days now. I was a bit hungover the day I started so no I was not AF for five days. I hope that this won't deter my progress. Half a bottle of wine still on my counter and no urge to touch it. That is amazing because in my sick mind I would normally say I will drink it and then start tomorrow.

I have been reading the MWO plan. Does anybody follow the vitamins and hypnotherapy? I went to the vitamin store today to buy some of them but I do hate taking pills (that's why this campral might be a challenge)

Comment

Working...
              X