Baclofen...A Warning!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen...A Warning!!!

I responded to baclofen very quickly and my decision to drink was more one of habit than craving. One of the problems that many of us have is that we have been drinking on everything, despite warnings. I am not sure if my response is isolated, but I am sure that in time someone, like me, is going to end up in trouble.

Again, I am most grateful to be taking baclofen. I went out to a dinner party last night and had no desire to drink.

Comment

Baclofen...A Warning!!!

hi - i am new to this forum. i wanted to ask a couple things - there seem to be a few people who ARE under a doctor's supervision, is there any way that they can be convinced to get involved in this forum?

also, how do you send a private message to someone?

Comment

Baclofen...A Warning!!!

Zenstyle;667220 wrote: I totally agree that we need to be careful with Baclofen... That's why I put that thread up with the precautions and a titration schedule erring on the side of caution. Baclofen should be treated with the respect it deserves. Like you say, it's not aspirin.

I know first hand that it's not good to drink heavily on Baclofen, especially when it's just getting settled in your system. I posted my "report" on my experience with that at the start of my Bac thread.

As far as giving each other medical advice, we're just sharing what our experiences have been on Baclofen and relaying any information we find. It's all we have to go on as most of us aren't under a Physician's supervision. This was the whole point of us posting our progress... so others can learn from it.

Like I mentioned earlier... it would be good to have a Doctor in the house to help with issues as they arise...

I don't think there's a need to panic though. People just have to be cautious. And they need to keep doing their research on Baclofen and, hopefully, posting anything pertinent that they come across.
        Well put, Zen.

I'd also like to add that nobody has had a life-threatening experience on Bac, nor even one that has injured them in any way (although throwing up and having a terrible hangover is unpleasant, of course!)

As Zen said, this is why we are here and posting our experiences. I'd like you to find any physician (except Dr. Amiesen-- and Dr. Bill, of course) who knows as much as we do about reactions to Bac for alcohol treatment. Even if we were under a physician's care, we almost surely would know more about this than the physician.

We also know that Bac has been used in high doses for other treatments without side effects (or at least minor side effects, which usually dissipate after a short period).

As Zen says, let's not panic -- let's just do as Evie says, and write down when we take it and try to be very careful with alcohol as we start the Bac -- after all, that's the whole idea, isn't it?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Baclofen...A Warning!!!

Hopeful, I have a few doctor friends and I struggle to get them to read this. So far, I have not succeeded. Quite honestly, I find that they can be very blinkered at times.

I am under a doctor's supervision, but that was mainly so that I could use my medical insurance. I find the threads here much more helpful.

In terms of sending a pm, double click and the name at the top and their profile will come up. From there you can choose the private message option.

Comment

Working...
          X