Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Olive. I think this may be in the book's appendix, or at least the link to it, but I lent my book out, so it was great to get this link from you without doing any work to find it (yes, I am an incorrigible online junkie, too)!

Louise, I didn't think of Bill... of course he fits the bill! How clever of you.
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Louise. We will all be keenly awaiting your reports!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Side effects

I'm only on Day 3 here (at 3x5mg/day), and until last night, have experienced no negative side effects.

Last night, I woke up with pain in the left thigh/hip area. I thought it was because I had been lying on my left side for so long, so I turned over, but the pain continued, in a sort of throbbing manner. It felt like a nerve was damaged. I wondered if it could be the Bac. It was quite painful and disturbing. Then, towards morning, the underside of my left foot started to tingle and sort of itch at the same time. This also came and went in a throbbing sort of way and it was also very uncomfortable. My sleep disturbed, I got up at 6:00 and went about my business, and I haven't felt these effects since. I am almost sure it is related somehow to the Bac.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

I finally finished reading the book. I'd be happy to pass it along to anyone who needs to read it.

I'm still at 60/day. I'm feeling pretty good here. I'm truely excited about the possibilty of never craving a drink again! I'll stay at 60 mgs for one more day.

Comment

Oh, I know. You could really feel his pain when they cancelled the Baclofen trials. Has anyone from here emailed him about our little "trial" group? I think he would be elated to know his work is helping all of us.

Comment

Zen, I'm about to go to bed now -- no side effects all day. I have had a couple drinks, but I think the combination of the Bac (even at such a low dose) and my hope/desire to get a hold of this beast is making it possible to reduce my alcohol intake.

Did someone from MWO talk to him? I hope that you will pass it on to us if you hear from Dr. Ameisen.

Comment

Hi All, just checking in with my progress.

So im at 45mg (15mg 3 times a day). I havent had any side effects at all, other than feeling slightly woosy. I was going to go up to 60 today but have decided to wait one more day. I still dont feel any cessation of cravings. They are the same as always...

Comment

I just woke up... no pain or tingling last night. I also slept fairly heavily, which is most definitely a side effect of Bac, and a positive one for me.

I took 4x5mg yesterday. I'm afraid to up my dose now because my dope hasn't come from India yet, and I have gotten started on a small supply kindly sent from another member here so I could get going right away on the Bac while I wait for my order.

I also feel the effect of alcohol a little bit more on the Bac.

Comment

same here, think i feel the alcohol a bit more although a bit less euphoria. and as u mentiond, the lessening of euphoria and whatever else bac is doing and desire to "control the beast" is reducing my alcohol intake also. sleep also seems a bit better, crazy weird and sometime creey dreams too.

Comment

Actually, I haven't had that euphoria feeling from alcohol for many years. I'm addicted because the alcohol lets me relax. I am an uptight person by nature, and have anxiety issues.

So the Bac is not making a big difference in how I react to alcohol, just a little difference in how much I crave (a small, but significant difference, at 15mg/day). Also, as I've said, I am sleeping better-- yay! And I have not had any increase in crazy dreams (which I have always had anyway).

Comment

My me statment

withdrawn
                      Banned

Comment

oliveoyl;667300 wrote: It is worrying to hear of Veritas experience thanks so much V for posting that! For me on 80 mgs 20mgs morning lunch early arvo and before bed after 3 days I have experienced nothing!!!! Still drinking 2 bottles of wine a night plus 4 to six beers + the odd whiskey.... obviously no reduced cravings yet!!!!! (PS I am fully aware I am not looking for a pill to UN do 20 + years of abusive behavior!!!) . I know !!! currently a massive in take that would sedate a bull and I am not proud of this stupidity!!!!! And also I have moved up fast but I must confess although I have pop eyes partners name I am a 6?3 120K or 245Ilb male?.. think hells angel biker that?s me minus the tattoos. My capacity for drug intake is and has always been huge for 20 plus years. Again I am not attempting this as some bravado thing!!! I need to stop drinking full STOP>. I hope to contribute to others my experience from the BIG end of town so to speak!!! I need this to work for me and will make a safe attempt. I wish you all a safe and successful journey GO WELL
                        I agree it is worrying about Veritas experience.

Olive....WOW you are big
                        Here I was seeing a tiny little stick woman.what a surprise !!!

Have you ever try adding Nal or topa to the mix.
                        I am sure no Dr......LOL but maybe go backward on your bac .......wipe the slate clean ..........start over going up slowly and trying other meds or even better L Glut and kudzu.....just my 2 cents....Worth about a penny :H :H :H
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

withdrawn
                          Banned

Comment

Maybe liv52 would help the liver.......sure did help mine !!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Oliveoyl, remember the patient in Dr. Amiesen's book who had to go up to, I think, 300mg? I think he was a very big man, too. However, as Evie mentioned, it might be a good Idea to titrate up a little more slowly. If you are having no side effects now, it probably isn't necessary to start over. After all, I am a 45kilo (99 lb) female, so it might be expected that I would feel some effect at a far lower dose than you would! Maybe starting at 15mg/day for me is like starting at 45mg/day for you?

As for the liver, I take Milk Thistle, which I think is the main ingredient in Liv52 (correct me if I'm wrong, Evie). I take the Milk Thistle that this site sells. I have comparison shopped and, at least last time I purchased it, which is about a year ago (I buy bulk!), it was a better deal than any I found in the stores. It is high strength and it adds other herbs/plants that have been shown to also help the liver and to act synergetically with the Milk Thistle. No, I'm not advertising for MWO. I just have long experience in this area, so I know a good thing when I find it.

Comment

I just wanted to post my progress today to this thread.

So far, still AF.

I can't begin to express how excited and thrilled I am. I wake up every morning wondering if it is a dream. Well, yes it is. It is my dream to be sober and I am.

I am at 120 mg/day. Yes, I still have to fight off the thoughts of "oh, a glass would be nice," etc, but those are so easily brushed aside that I have decided to just stay at 120 mg/day. I am not having serious issues at all.

Veritas, your experience must have been incredibly scary. Baclofen does not hurt my tummy at all, which is weird because since I am a gastric bypass patient, most things do. But, everybody is so different in how we react to things we put into our bodies. I am very grateful that you decided to keep taking the Bac and not keep taking the drink. You made the right choice, IMHO.

I hope everyone makes it safely to their desired goal.

Love,
                                Cindi
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X