Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is great great GREAT, Cindi! I hope to be AF soon... I'm getting there, but very slowly, as I cannot titrate up from 15mg a day until I get my order.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

First, Ameisen's switch-off dose was 270 mg/day, or 3.6 mg/kg. Apparently he weighs 75 kg, or 165 lb. He was prepared to go to 300 mg/day, or 4 mg/kg.

For the big guy, oliveoyl, first off, your kg and lb figures don't match. 120 kg is 265 lb, so I'll assume this is what you meant. For a 120 kg person, 4 mg/kg is 480 mg/day. At 80 mg/day, you're only doing 0.7 mg/kg. Child's play for you, it sounds like.

Not medical advice, but what pops into my mind is crank up the bac at a rate of rise of maybe 25 or 50 mg/day/day. Watch out for sleepiness which most people get at least at first. Second, but not so likely given your experience, is the veritas syndrome in which you'll get horribly ill if you do bac and alcohol together.

In answer to beatle's reference from Ameisen, here you go: From page 204, Ameisen, referring to four patients a Swiss colleague, who heads the alcohology unit (why don't we have those in north America?) at a hospital, had on bac:

"...one patient had not responded well: he constantly fell
      asleep on baclofen. (I was glad that I had warned Pascal that
      none of his patients should drive or do anything hazardous while
      they were getting used to baclofen.) But the other three patients,
      the woman who had first shown him the Top Sante article and
      two men, were doing wonderfully.
      These three patients found that baclofen suppressed their alcohol
      cravings at very different dosage levels. The woman patient
      had experienced craving suppression at 75 milligrams of baclofen
      a day. The other two patients required higher doses, with one of
      them taking 300 milligrams a day.
      Dr. Gache shared with me an e-mail message from the woman
      patient, who wrote, "I am amazed that I no longer think of alcohol,
      especially during critical situations ... . So far
      no somnolence, but very slight vertigo. ..." The vertigo soon
      passed."

Notice that that they had not yet come across veritas syndrome, and we don't know if anyone outside this forum knows of it.

Comment

withdrawn
        Banned

Comment

withdrawn
          Banned

Comment

ya im pretty low dose (50mg, not sure if my weight has something to do with it, im only 5' 4 105 pounds)and its working fairly well! its weird, i find myself not obsessing over alcohol as usual.. this is amazing. so far! seems to have begun working.

Comment

Here's my update.
              I've been on Baclofen for 3 weeks tomorrow. I have titrated up to 70mg/day. 20, 25 and 25.
              Last night I went to a BBQ at a friends house. We all have small children so it's not like there was heavy drinking. I would normally drink 3 and rush out so I could go home and finish in privacy. But last night it was different. I had 2 (weak) margaritas and I was done. I poured a third and did not touch it. I did not get a buzz but I was okay with it. I saw other moms enjoying their wine and I felt nothing for it. We were the first to leave again but that was because my little boy fell down (under "close" supervision of my husband) and banged up his face pretty bad. I came home and watched a movie without a drop of wine. It was a good Saturday night!

Comment

Shelby,

Isn't it awesome to start losing the obsession? I still can't believe it, myself.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It is a great feeling, Cindi. Remarkable!

Comment

Thats so awesome Shelby!!

Im at 60 right now. I think im feeling less cravings but cant be sure.

Comment

yes, that's where I want to be -- just have to get my dope first!
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Beatle,

When do you get your stash? Soon, I hope.

I just wanted to post that I am still AF. I AM STILL AF!!

For those who know me, you all know what that means and I don't have to be locked down in rehab to stay this way. :H

Has anyone heard from Shas lately? I hope she is doing okay.

Keep up the good work, friends. I want everyone to be successful.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;669270 wrote: Beatle,

When do you get your stash? Soon, I hope.

I just wanted to post that I am still AF. I AM STILL AF!!

For those who know me, you all know what that means and I don't have to be locked down in rehab to stay this way. :H

Has anyone heard from Shas lately? I hope she is doing okay.

Keep up the good work, friends. I want everyone to be successful.

Cindi
                          Cindi, I am so happy for you!

Re: the Indian dope: I called to ask about it a week ago, and they said it would arrive by August 4th. I was shocked (I ordered on July 5). When I asked why it took so long, they said it is because of customs, which they can't control -- and is why sometimes it comes through quickly and other times it can be very slow to get through the gates.

Meanwhile, I received 20x10mg from a very kind member of this site, but I am taking a very low dose in case I run out before my Bac arrives. I figure it is good to keep some Bac in the body, even if I can't titrate up, and also, if I run out, it won't be dangerous, since I am on such a low dose.

I really wish I could titrate up, especially as I am feeling a small effect on the cravings and I just want desperately to get where you are!

Comment

beatle;669445 wrote: Cindi, I am so happy for you!

Re: the Indian dope: I called to ask about it a week ago, and they said it would arrive by August 4th. I was shocked (I ordered on July 5). When I asked why it took so long, they said it is because of customs, which they can't control -- and is why sometimes it comes through quickly and other times it can be very slow to get through the gates.

Meanwhile, I received 20x10mg from a very kind member of this site, but I am taking a very low dose in case I run out before my Bac arrives. I figure it is good to keep some Bac in the body, even if I can't titrate up, and also, if I run out, it won't be dangerous, since I am on such a low dose.

I really wish I could titrate up, especially as I am feeling a small effect on the cravings and I just want desperately to get where you are!
                            Beatle

Where are you based , I will help if I can

Lostboy

Comment

Lostboy,

Are you on bac? Are you having success with it? The more people that post there progress, the more educational this site will be, and the quicker change in standard medical thinking with respect to addiction treatment will come.

Thanks

Comment

I got my baclofen on Friday. I'm on day 3, going up to 10 mg, 3x/day. So far, honestly, I've been too drunk to notice any effect. Bad weekend. But I also tend to be pretty tolerant of meds and may have to go to a high dose to get the effect.

So exciting to read about everybody's progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X