Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for this thread. I'm just starting with Baclofen (10 mg/day) without a doctor's script.
    By the way what does "dose prn" mean?
    Love and Peace,
    Phil
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Bill.P.;676448 wrote: I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops that it worked
      Please keep shouting it!
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

billyb;676992 wrote: ...it is much better to hear from actual people who have experienced this.

I am continually amazed by how great this forum has been for getting the word out and sharing bac experiences.
        How true this is. And although you Billies may think you don't have much to add, your continual input is of great, inestimable value to the others who are following behind.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Hi, All

I'm also on Bac after coming across BiilP's thread originally, and then seeing some others.

I've been on Bac for 10 days now. Titrating really fast, since I'm not having any side-effects whatsoever. Currently on 100mg (30, 30, 40), still drinking (modding at 2 x red wine per night).

Just wanted to also say thanks to all who have posted! It's been an enormous help!

Tip
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

OliveOyl,

I am at 120 mg/day. I take it in three doses. 700, 1200, 1700, 40 mg at each dose.

Off switch? I do think about drinking occasionally. I do miss my enemy/friend sometimes. But they are simply thoughts and NOT those incredible drives to drink. I can just brush them aside.

I recognize I could try going up farther to see if I hit complete indifference but my sleep and dreams were so scary at 160 mg/day that I am a bit afraid. :H:H

I am one of those who won't watch slasher/horror films, it scares me when they show up inside my head.

But, if I feel that I need to, I will. I will not drink again, no matter what. Moderation is not an option for me. What alcohol has done to me, my family and my life is too horrible to contemplate. I truly want to stay away from it. The thought of picking up even one drink horrifies me.

Phil, prn means "as needed." Some people keep an extra 20 mgs on them at all times in case they get an overwhelming desire in a social situation. I haven't had to do that, yet, but I do keep a packet in my purse.

Beatle, I am so excited for you. You have no idea.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

withdrawn
              Banned

Comment

Cinders;677024 wrote:
                Beatle, I am so excited for you. You have no idea.

Cindi
                Thank you Cindi. I am so excited-- but after all the failures, I can't let myself get too hopeful, as you certainly know what I mean.

Comment

Thank you all for your continued input. I know there are many that look forward to reading about it.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

withdrawn
                    Banned

Comment

I started taking bac May 4. Reached 137.5 June 21 and stayed there 12 days. Im now at 65mg. Like Billyb, I might end up going a little higher. Main reason I came under 100 is the incredible thirst during the night...soooo thirsty cant sleep.

6am 10mg
                      11am 10mg
                      3pm 25mg
                      6pm 10mg
                      10pm 10mg

Thats about it. I havent had a drop in 6 weeks. My neighbor has been AF for several days and is at 60mg.

Comment

Congrats Harry!!

Have you considered electrolytes for your thirst? It helps your body absorb fluids, so perhaps you may find it helpful.

Comment

withdrawn
                          Banned

Comment

Thanks Billy, and well done to you, BillP, Zen, and Cindy as well. Your post on another site was the first one I read that sounded encouraging. I think that was around mid April.

Like you guys have just said, theres not alot to say anymore. If someone is serious they will spend a few days reading the threads here. I spent about 40 hours reading translated French forum posts to try and get some depth on bac ( before I came here ).

Whats been posted here is enough to answer most questions and enable someone to make a decision whether to order or not.

Im looking into the electrolytes...thanks

Comment

Hi Olive,

Ive only posted a few times, so my history is easy to check out.

Basically, I typed " alcoholic medications " into google and it went from there. I checked out Topa, but thought the chances of success sounded low and the side effects seemed drastic. So baclo sounded too good to be true.

Honestly, everyone on this forum should sincerely try baclo....it works.

Your Inhouse find was a goodie !

Comment

It pretty crazy isnt it? New success stories keep popping up evry so often, and not a single post saying "i titrated up to 150mg+ and it just didnt work" (at least I havent seen one).

I am still at 75mg. Gonna wait till thursday and then go up to 90. Tuesdays is mid-week over here, (its a Sunday-Thursday week), and thats usually when I start drinking. And, my wife is going out with some of her friends tonite and whenever she goes out I immediately get booze. But not drinking tonite (its about 9pm here) and dont think im going to. I had a sudden urge when she told me she was going out, but could fight it off.

I am growing more confident by the day that when I get to a high enough dose, the cravings will end. If I dont drink tonite, it will be 4 days AF. But Im a sceptic, so the doubts about reaching a point where i can take it or leave it are still there. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X