Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And also, Bill, I'm a bit disappointed with your post. As I was reading, I was wondering if you were gonna let the cat out of the box, and indeed you did.

However, you didn't get as far as Bohm being the channel for Maitreya. Maybe you were saving that for later.

Click here for info about ordering baclofen online.

Comment

Lusus Naturae;700110 wrote: And also, Bill, I'm a bit disappointed with your post. As I was reading, I was wondering if you were gonna let the cat out of the box, and indeed you did.

However, you didn't get as far as Bohm being the channel for Maitreya. Maybe you were saving that for later.

Put the cat back in the box, it's just Brahman with a touch of Descartes. Hindu dish anyone?
      Damn you Lusus! Brahman and Atman and atman and the upanishad definition I cant find before I pick up my wife

Find it, prepare to be served later via pm

Later

Comment

Lusus Naturae;700090 wrote: Bill, I'm with you on the titration rate. I posted a bit about my own here.

I have to respectfully disagree about your take on side effects. Here are some I've experienced that I know are due to baclofen.
        • Grinning for no apparent reason in public.
        • Spending my days off without al, relaxing, and enjoying it.
        • Having no desire whatsoever for al, and without effort.Doing constructive things when I'm not working.Talking softly, and at length with friends.There are others...
        I know what you're thinking. These could be attributed to no longer drinking, but I'm sure if I stopped taking bac, all of this would vanish. There you have it, absolute 180 proof!

Lusus, I love that! You have to speak up now, because Mr. Bill is hard of hearing! LOL

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Anna B;700021 wrote: Also, Bill--I just want to say that I know where you're coming from on the marriage front. My marriage has been on the rocks for the last few years solely b/c of my drinking. Now that I have it under control, I want my husband to praise me and see how great I'm doing. Instead, he's still suspicious that I'm going to keep things up (which is reasonable given how many times I've promised him I'd get better only for him to find empty vodka bottles in my closet) and now is also feeling the license to point out other things that are wrong with me. Okay, he may be right but, like you, Bill, I also thought everything would just be magically better or something once I got my drinking under control. Sigh...maybe we should start another thread just for those of us trying to mend our relationships after destroying them for so many years w/ our drinking.

--Anna
          I think it is a good idea to start another thread on this (mending marriages). It is certainly a big issue in my situation.

My expectations for the post-withdrawal period have always dashed -- leading to relapses.

I guess we MWO-ers are a demanding bunch
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Bac side effects thread

Bill.P.;699962 wrote: Some of the weird things that I have found to echo what zen was saying and. WELL, I have heard it all as far as side effects, I keep having to tell my wife that duloxetine wont give her testicular cancer.
            So I am loathe to attribute side effects, especially common ones like headache or vivid dreams and such to baclofen when those more commonly occur with alcohol withdrawal.
            And there is so much other noise out there thanks to Zenstyle and her baclofen side effects thread where a toothache is caused by baclofen (ha! Zen, thought I was being nice did you? you took too long to reply to my PM, feel my wrath!)
            I, too, was very negative to the idea of a Bac side-effects thread-- precisely because it worried me that people might just read it and get put off Bac without hearing about all the wonderful success stories.

Now I am very happy for that thread, and this is why: With the myriad information on this one forum alone, it is practical to have any sub-themes sorted out. Also, side-effects for me have become rather worrisome, and it is a great resource to be able to benefit from others' experiences... in some cases it has warned me of possibilities, in others it has allayed my fears.

At low levels of Bac, I had few side effects, but as I have titrated up VERY SLOWLY (the caps are for you, Bill P), I have had some frightening side-effects (yes, even more frightening than Al-induced effects). Referring back to the side-effects thread has been a life-saver for me.

I'll post more on the real thing.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

scared now!!

I was just thinking about NO side effects, I've taken 120 mg already today, w/ NO side effects, except exceptionally happy!! Hopeful too that maybe some day I will be able to successfully moderate, which right now scares the CRAP out of me (sorta wish I didn't read the book btw now!!) I am only on day 7, have NO DESIRE, but feeling WIRED instead of tired, which is really weird, so worried (for one) that I won't sleep tonight, and that I will try to drink or need clonipin to sleep, since I won't sleep.....................mind STILL racing from this AM (drank coffee, have a hard time metabolizing it anyway, still wired!!!??).................

Just scared now.....................hoping I feel ok tonight, can sleep, can handle tomorrow at work, which(I had a really stressful week last week!?)

going to go now, cuz drinking husband just walked in......................so much for my quiet day..............

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Cowgirl,

I thought we were on about the same schedule. You must of titrated up faster than I have. Tomorrow I am going to 80mg. Happy you are AF though....keep it up. You and I are BAC Buddies!

Comment

great!

Bright, I am happy to be Bac buddies w/ you......................just maybe reading too much into these side effects and yes, I am titrating quickly, but still no side effects but still AF, even under tons of stress here!!!

MA:l

Comment

brightlite;700227 wrote: Lusus, I love that! You have to speak up now, because Mr. Bill is hard of hearing! LOL
                    Everytime I see your moniker, it makes me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soFXG2FaONw[/video]]think of this. Light bulb not included.

Comment

funnny!!

I had to watch it twice, laughed too much the first time to hear it all!:H:H:H! What memories it brought back!!

MA:l:h

Comment

Yeah, memories. Back when TV was black & white, a big channel knob that went clunk, and even a knob for fine tuning.

Also, I wasn't drunk then. :zonedout: Nor am I now.

Comment

Bill.P.;700099 wrote:
                          Has anyone TRIED to read my original posts on the baclofen thread by Rebel? I write like a textbook reads with your own voice. Wich means, no one reads it.
                          Yes, I read them all, in fact I read the entire thread twice. It is a great thread and deserves to be bumped periodically. Hope you managed to speak quietly with your wife and no more dishes are thrown.

Comment

Lusus Naturae;700349 wrote: Everytime I see your moniker, it makes me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soFXG2FaONw[/video]]think of this. Light bulb not included.

Ha ha ha...that's funny. My thought on the user name was that if I continue drinking like I was, I would be heading toward the Bright Light!!

Stay away from the Light!!!! Don't go towards the Light!!! LOL

Comment

I've also read all your threads, Bill. And I agree with Louise.

Comment

Thanks for the little chuckle, I'm in such good spirits this morning. Great night sleep and woke up feeling great!

Mr. Bill, I've also read the Rebel thread a couple times all the way through and have gone back to reread some of your postings.

Comment

Working...
                                X