Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I read on one of the Bac threads that Zen was drinking 1.75 litres vodka per day??? I can't find that post now on any of the Bac threads, but I think it was Bill P who wrote that yesterday.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if that is (or could possibly be) true.??? I used to regularly drink close to 0.5 litres vodka per day, and when I mentioned that in chat, people were impressed

No kidding. And I weigh only 45kg.

Pretty much everyone I have told that to is shocked.

PLUS, I never got hangovers. Never. (Unless a mild headache can be considered a hangover.) I got up at 7:00 everyday, got the kids to school, got to work by 9:00 and worked all day (albeit with a swig or two every hour). Still, 1.75 litres seems impossible.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;700665 wrote: I'm sure I read on one of the Bac threads that Zen was drinking 1.75 litres vodka per day??? I can't find that post now on any of the Bac threads, but I think it was Bill P who wrote that yesterday.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if that is (or could possibly be) true.??? I used to regularly drink close to 0.5 litres vodka per day, and when I mentioned that in chat, people were impressed

No kidding. And I weigh only 45kg.

Pretty much everyone I have told that to is shocked.

PLUS, I never got hangovers. Never. (Unless a mild headache can be considered a hangover.) I got up at 7:00 everyday, got the kids to school, got to work by 9:00 and worked all day (albeit with a swig or two every hour). Still, 1.75 litres seems impossible.
      Beatle,

You'd be surprised. I used to only drink in the evenings (except weekends when I started at 6.00 a.m., passed out around lunchtime, and then started drinking again late afteroon.

During the week, I drank 750ml vodka, 750ml red wine between 6.00 p.m. and 11.00 p.m., when I would black out.

Over weekends, I would easily drink 1.5l of vodka per day, plus the red wine.

I weigh 75kg.

Years of abuse leads to incredibly high tolerance levels...

You're such a sceptic, you
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tronic, without taking up my calculator, that amount seems to be roughly the same on a per/kg basis as I was drinking. I'm telling you even the most die-hards thought that was a lot-- especially the part about not getting hungover (I have only thrown up once in my life from drinking -- although I can boast countless injuries, insults, and humiliating actions).

I'm wondering if the more severe the alcohol problem, the higher up you have to go with Bac (relative to your body weight) to achieve success? Or maybe there is a different relationship... maybe the better you process/metabolize/tolerate alcohol, the more your body "tolerates" Bac, and so needs more to feel the effect?... just an idea that occurred to me when looking at yours and my reactions (or lack thereof) to these substances.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

p.s. yes, I am a sceptic, both by nature and experience.=[

Comment

Hi All,

My progress:

Im still stuck at 150mg. I cant seem to overcome the side effects at this dose (which Ive been at for 10 days now). The side effects arent bad, and if i didnt need to work, I would not worry about them. But unfortunately I do need to work, and I always feel kind of foggy. Like if I'm writing an email to a client, I need to re-read it 3 times before I feel confident that I can send it.

Whats even more frustrating is that I think I may be close to my off-switch (but I guess I have no way of knowing that for sure).

In any case, i am going to suck it up and go up to 165 tonight (in the sense that I will take 55mg instead of 50 and see how I feel).

But I am thinking that if I simply cant tolerate 165, I would go back down to 120-150 and then start TSM. Any of you guys doing both TSM and Bac?

Comment

Zman;700720 wrote: Hi All,

My progress:

Im still stuck at 150mg. I cant seem to overcome the side effects at this dose (which Ive been at for 10 days now). The side effects arent bad, and if i didnt need to work, I would not worry about them. But unfortunately I do need to work, and I always feel kind of foggy. Like if I'm writing an email to a client, I need to re-read it 3 times before I feel confident that I can send it.

Whats even more frustrating is that I think I may be close to my off-switch (but I guess I have no way of knowing that for sure).

In any case, i am going to suck it up and go up to 165 tonight (in the sense that I will take 55mg instead of 50 and see how I feel).

But I am thinking that if I simply cant tolerate 165, I would go back down to 120-150 and then start TSM. Any of you guys doing both TSM and Bac?
              Zman, there is a thread on Bac & TSM you can look at.

I also need to be able to focus while at work, so during the day I take only 70mg total, and in the evenings the balance to make 240mg. I've posted the times and doses on the success thread.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks Tip, Ive seen that thread, bu there are no responses from people who are actually doing it.

Comment

Ok I think

Thanks zen, I may be one of those, also reading beatle's post about higher tolerance/higher bac dosage......may be something!? I have super high tolerance to al and to bac it seems too......sigh only 125 pounds and tolerating 120 mg already...... Feel more hyper than tired.......!?!?

Who knows. At work now, kinda normal for me, ditzy when nervous, very nervous around the doc I work for...... W/ good reason(he is a pompous ASS) always picking on me and today is no different......

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

It is interesting that a few here are posting being hyper on Baclofen instead of tired.

I would consider backing down a bit and see if that eases up. Stay there a few days before going back up.

I am titrating down very slowly because I finally started getting really tired on the dose I was taking. I believe it is because my brain has finally started quieting down on the impulses to drink. (Just a guess, btw)

I'll let everyone know how it goes. I sure don't want to drop below a dosage that helps me maintain abstinence. I love my life right now and surely never want to go back to the hell I was living before.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow

I am really wondering now. Cutting my dose from 120 mg to 100 today.........will see if anything changes w/ my al desire or not.........was thinking about it but not drinking now for over 8 days........ Guess I am maybe finally detoxed, don't WANT to drink per say, but just thinking about more often than I want to right now.......work is really sressful and trying to stay focused right now............!?!?

Gotta get back in there, yuck!!!

MA

Comment

helpful supplements?

I see a natureopath who is interested in the baclofen. She suggested an herb that supports kidney function called uva ursi. Also, for brain fog and tiredness, astragulus. This has been a life changer for me...I can't tolerate the jolts and crashes of coffee. Astragulus gives one a smooth, even, slight 'uptick,' and for me creates a better mood. These can be found in the health food store next to kudzu and milk thistle. I highly recommend adding these inexpensive herbs to the protocol.

Comment

Cinders;697145 wrote: Marbella,

I am into months now, not days, not weeks, months.

I refuse to count so I don't obsess. Silly, I know.

How are you doing?

Cindi
                          Cinders,

So sorry because I asked you that and then did not come here for days...lots of offline stuff going on right now, but I just searched for your reply and I am THRILLED. Not just for you, but for all those that come after, that are in the same boat- you are living, breathing proof that it does work!!

I just did a long post about where I am in the Nal/bac thread.

Comment

anne1232;700876 wrote: I see a natureopath who is interested in the baclofen. She suggested an herb that supports kidney function called uva ursi. Also, for brain fog and tiredness, astragulus. This has been a life changer for me...I can't tolerate the jolts and crashes of coffee. Astragulus gives one a smooth, even, slight 'uptick,' and for me creates a better mood. These can be found in the health food store next to kudzu and milk thistle. I highly recommend adding these inexpensive herbs to the protocol.
                            interesting... I have taken astragulus on and off, just because my doctor (general practitioner) recommended it. I think she cited anti-oxidants and general health-supporting properties. (She is also a natureopath, as you can guess=)

I am not familiar with uva ursi. But I will look into it.

btw, I would suggest posting this also on the "holistic healing" forum.

Comment

I'm up to 120 mg. Still drank this weekend, but not as much. I actually quite like the floaty feeling I get after taking the bac - I guess I'm cool as long as something makes me feel impaired, LOL!

Do anybody else's lips and face get tingly on this stuff?

Comment

good job!

I think you will "hit your level" soon where you won't feel like drinking, I know I did, but I feel forgetful.........................but then I always JUST NOTICE it more when I am not fighting a hangover I think!!:H:H

MA:h:l

Comment

Working...
                                X