Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, CG. I'm so glad it's working for you!

I always have very vivid dreams anyway, and, man, I've had some doozies on bac. Last night, I was at some kind of political meeting where Hilary Clinton was making her points using a guitar as a visual aid. Bill was there too, and he was about 4 feet tall. They had bread laid out on a table for hungry people to take. Mmm - hmm! And I'm a Republican - does that qualify as a nightmare??? LOL

Comment

Larisa,

That's hilarious. Sorry you were scared!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I've had so many wild dreams, too. I think we should start a "Dreams on Bac" thread. If no-one has done it by the end of this evening (it's evening here in Europe), I will do it -- but must get dinner on the table now!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hahaha!!!

I had a funny weird dream last week about "extends" a "male enhancement" advertisement I see all the time, it was TOO graphic for me, but funny, didn't even relate it to bac, just thought it was a detox thing.......

Funny!!!

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I have GOT to lay off the AL now that I'm up to 120 mg of bac. I've been having this weird side effect - hard to describe, but it's like, I'm holding something, and the strength goes out of my hand muscles, just for a second - and then it keeps happening. It feels like when I've taken Benadryl or cold meds and found myself falling asleep and jerking awake. I have to jerk my hand back to life. It's very disconcerting.

Comment

Larisa,

I get that tingly feeling also.

Comment

I also get that feeling when you are about to fall asleep and then jerking awake... it's like falling off a step unexpectedly (when does one fall off a step expectedly?). Anyway, I used to experience that once in a great while, but now it is more often. And muscle twitches as I move into slumberland have become regular. (I kind of like that, since someone explained to me that it is just your muscles relaxing.)

And tingling -- definitely.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

I just wanted to post after my ambien accident Sat. night....Lordy mercy, I may as well have had a car wreck, in fact, the air bags would've probably caused me less trauma. I'm black, blue, purple and yellow all down my lft. side, my forehead is swollen still, my eyelids black and blue, ribs bruised and I feel pretty s----y! SO, don't anyone make that mistake, its a bad one! On the other hand, I'd been having some of those samethings ya'll are talking about, with the bac, eyes not focusing at all, jerking in my dozing off and waking up times, and the aches and tingling around mouth etc....I just took tooooo much tooooo fast, so don't make that mistake either! I've been off of it since last dose Sat., and those side effects are gone....the good thing is.....I'VE HAD ONE BOTTLE OF WINE IN THE REFRIGERATOR, FOR 3 DAYS NOW....I've thought I'd have one with hubby in evening, drink 3/4 of it, pour the rest out, its been that way for 3 days now, and there's still a glass in the bottle! That is a HUGE improvement for me, and I really don't even want it, so I'm just going to forget it, I was just having a lil to help abate the pain anyway, and it didn't even taste good. So I think the bac helped me see it was a habit, and not a need, and its sticking....I don't know now how I ever finished a whole bottle or more, can't even finish a glass now....YEAH YEAH YEAH! BUT, I'm still going to start over in a couple of weeks, after driving the 2 dys to Colorado, and getting our historical tour deal over with....but like I said here or on the other thread, I'm going to take 5mg's, at 5:30pm, and stay there for 3 days, and add a 5mg dose, at a time, for 3 dys, etc.....I'm just really sensitive to meds. I never want to go backwards tho, ever, so I will try again for safe keeping.
                  "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

I don't have the scary muscle thing any more. I'm moving up to 130 today. Still drinking, but not as interested and not having as much. For one thing, I start falling asleep pretty fast! And then I don't even want my glass of wine by my bedside, like I usually do (just in case??? crazy, I know).

Comment

Awsome!!

Larissa that is great news, maybe soon you won't even want that first glass of wine, I know I don't want any beer, and it is Friday, after noon, usually I would either be fighting a craving or already be drinking !!!!!!

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi All,

I havent posted in while - I guess I didnt have much to say. Was having a hard time at 150 with heavy somnolence, and side effects werent going away. But after nearly 2 weeks at 150, I said screw it and moved up to 165 (55-55-55). First couple of days felt the same as 150. Then I took my dose last night and the wheels really fell off.

I felt extremely weird. But not the somewhat pleasant weird you feel when you first titrate up. This was very unpleasant weird. It is difficult to describe what it felt like, because there is no specific feeling. But there is this unpleasant feeling in the back of my throat, my eyes feel like there is a lot pressure behind them. I have this weird prickly feeling - and for the first time since I started taking Bac, I couldnt fall asleep because of this sickly feeling.

Whats scary is that these effects persisted the next morning. As a result i didnt take my morning dose, and only started feeling a bit better around 4pm today - which is about 19 hours after I took the last dose! In any event, I decided to take a 25mg dose, and almost immediately, the sickly feeling came back, and its still with me, as strong as ever, 8 hours after I took a measly 25mg dose.

I dont know what to do now. I obviously cant stay at 165. but if i, for some reason, cant even handle 25mg doses, what do I do? Is this the end? I dont see any other option other than just stopping until this feeling goes away completely, and then tryign a 10mg dose and seeing how it treats me. But thats like starting the whole process again, which is too depressing to fathom.

Comment

Larisa;702086 wrote: I have GOT to lay off the AL now that I'm up to 120 mg of bac. I've been having this weird side effect - hard to describe, but it's like, I'm holding something, and the strength goes out of my hand muscles, just for a second - and then it keeps happening. It feels like when I've taken Benadryl or cold meds and found myself falling asleep and jerking awake. I have to jerk my hand back to life. It's very disconcerting.
                          I had that EXACT thing. It went away after I lowered my dosage.

Comment

I've had the same thing, too. I have been titrating up VERY slowly because of these kinds of side effects. I think they go away if you take it slowly, and halt, or go back, whenever you feel them. I am only at 60mg per day, ready to try going up... but monitoring the side effects. But I'm also very happy about many other of the side-effects.

Comment

it only bothered me after I took 30mg @ 8am then 40mg @noon. That was the first time I'd taken that much that quick... so my body went ahead and told me not to do that.

Comment

Because of the icky, indescribable feeling, I found I can only take it in 10mg doses, so I just have to take them more often (closer together)... I tried 15mg once yesterday and started to get that feeling again. Somehow, keeping it divided into 10mg doses, even if only an hour or two apart, seems to keep that icky feeling at bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X