Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

thanks! Larisa..........

Cinders, glad you are doing well also, this is all good................

I am loving all the stuff about bac, it is helping me so much, and I too, wish everyone could take it and benefit from it, but I guess, like other drugs don't work for me, every "body" is different.

off to the "h-hole", wasn't even worth gas $ to get there yesterday, don't want to see my paycheck, but at least I will get one, it is better than unemployment, as I have "been there, done that".............just a year ago............................aauuurggghhhh!! But on the bright side(see another side effect of the bac, I am sure.......couldn't find a bright side before!) I have a job!!! And a good one at that.. I am sure this is temporary.......................

have a great day!!

MA:h:l
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Just an update. I was up to 90mg and still drinking although not as much as before. The morning afters seemed worse though. Anyway, I was afraid to go higher because of driving. I felt off balance and spacey which I don't like. I'm packing and moving and have many stresses right now, so I decided to taper back down and give myself a much needed rest. I'm down to 30mg and holding steady, also have not drank anything in 4 days and tomorrow will be day 5 which is usually my cave in day. I am doing so well and have decided to stay at 30 and take an extra 10 to 20mg as needed at the bewitching hour. I'm going to stick with this plan and just not drink...period.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Brightlite,

Good for you!!

I don't think I ever hit my "off" switch because I absolutely know I could've kept drinking through taking the Baclofen.

However, I was able to abstain on it, which is something this girl was never able to do for a long, long time, without being absolutely miserable.

I ended up taking a prn dose last night. The first in a long time.

I saw my doctor today. She has prescribed Baclofen to several of her other patients and they are also doing remarkably well. I never told her how high I went, I am afraid she would have panicked. I got up to 160 mgs/day at one point. In my case, I was afraid of my side effects. Dreams, unable to wake up or move, horrible sweats, etc. So I titrated down before I hit that complete indifference to alcohol. I currently take 80 mgs/day divided into 2 doses, one at 10 or 11 and one at 3 - 4.

However, I am still AF and I am basically happy. If I get really antzy, I take a prn dose. That has seldom occurred.

Baclofen has helped me like nothing else ever did.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Well, I am still sober! Although at 170 mg/day, I feel high most of the time - does that still count, lol? I'm going to keep going until I get to "indifferent!"

Comment

Cinders I've always been amazed at your success. Larisa, that is wonderful!

I feel better at the lower dose for now. I don't like the spacey, off balance feeling especially when you combine AL even though it was much less than previously, the next day I would have bouts of feeling drag down and nodding off and feeling off balance....after a couple weeks of this, I was tired and started titrating back down and then had had enough of the drinking. Literally, I'll end up insane if I keep drinking. So everytime it pops into my head, I think of some insane old woman and think that will be me if I even think about drinking anything. So far that imagery is working for me.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I am still nowhere near to where I want to be. I am drunk right now. I am so sad. But I know I am heading in the right direction.

My husband does not understand. He is a good person, but does not get it.

I am about to try once again to explain it. We'll see...
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

It did not work. He is not a jerk, but I feel like he is at the moment.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

(((Beatle))),

I know. Been there done that.

Love you,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Well, I am enraged.

I am enraged at all the people I have loved who could not love me enough.

Yeah, all the good people who couldn't see past their misconceptions. Who could not see the suffering.

Yeah. I'm pissed off.

And I WILL get better. I have never believed this before with such a true conviction.

And -- FUCK everyone who is pulling me down (yeah, I am drunk, but I told you that already).

I swear I will never, ever pull anyone down. And I will never think that I can understand another person's misery.

If I get anything out of this journey, I hope that is it: Never underestimate another person's suffering.

Comment

Beatle, sometimes being drunk truly does pull the feelings from us ... which is why we drink! Heightened, perhaps, but no less real. Stay here. I really have grown to like you, just through reading your posts. Stay strong, you. Puddy
                      Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Thanks puddy, and everyone else. I know I should not talk about "it" when under the influence of "it".

Well, it is another day. And I'm still a believer. I don't have any reason to not be. I just have to keep on plugging.

And I'm noticing that getting drunk is not so fun anymore

Comment

Beatle I have always admired you and looked forward to your posts. You are a very strong person and you will come out on top.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Went up to 180 last night. Feeling floaty all day - kind of like that part. I'm such a freakin drunk. I'm still waking myself up snoring and congested, though - that part's not so fun. I'm wondering if I had this problem before but slept through it because I was passed out on the AL?

Comment

beatle;720003 wrote: And I'm noticing that getting drunk is not so fun anymore
                              beatle,
                              What's your bac dose now? A week ago you wrote it was 90. It had sounded like you were doing pretty well at that time; i.e. not AF but not bad.

I'm interested in what triggers (excessive) drinking at moderate doses after stable and acceptable drinking (or AF) has been established. Was it the fight with your husband yesterday, or was that a result of drinking? (Combined with his lack of understanding?)

Ameisen wrote that when he did his intentional challenge drinking at 120, the craving returned. So for him it was an intentional experiment, but I'm thinking that emotional upsets can trigger unwanted drinking which then lead to re-activation of craving.

I think we'll all appreciate any light you can shed on this.

Comment

Beatle,

Your inbox is full again.

Please check in and let us know how you're doing, OK?
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X