Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inhouse Pharmacy - Supplying a wide range of Prescription and Non-Prescription Medications Online including Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Ventolin, Singulair

usually 10 days or less to the lower 48. dunno about AK

Comment

Hey, Shelby! I actually come in here pretty much every day, but not so much to post right now.

I'm at 260/day as of yesterday. (26 pills/day, thank you very much!) I've been successful at not drinking, but still not entirely indifferent. I had something good happen at work today, and BAM! The first thought in my head was, "WINE!!" I was able to not get it, though, and I'm here, sober. Woohoo!!

Bac is working for me - I've been mostly sober for 2 months or so now. (Have blown it a couple of times.) I'm usually a daily drinker - passed out every night by 8 or 8:30. I'm going to continue up and see if I can get to indifference.

I'm drawing strength from everyone's stories. Thanks for sharing! (Sounds like AA, LOL!)

Strength and good vibes to all of you...

Comment

It's great to "hear" from you Larisa. You sound like you are doing great. Remember, thoughts are not actions. I don't think the thoughts of alcohol will ever leave any of our minds. How can they when our real world is full of alcohol, and the media world fills up all that is not part of the "real" world?

Thanks for sharing risa. Yeh, we are a bunch of AAers aren't we? Just without all those steps to trip up on.:jumpin:
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I am good again and just had my daily top up of shared experience strength and ... naw I wont go there on this thread either.

I actually like AA and go some times but it doesnt hold a candle to BAC for a sure fired result that I feel I can rely on no matter what.

AA has all these ifs/buts/rarely/ or maybe you have a chance clauses.

Baclofen has this deal where you get your dose right, stick with it and bam you have the desired result.

Thats my experience of it anyway.

AA people I have met are not pro BAC - but tough. It works for me and that is the acid test in my book.

The "total indifference" is back. That is real benefit of this drug for me. No obsessing.
          Good luck to our newbie and the rest of you.
          Andy R:

Comment

Beatle, LOL. I have struggled up and fallen down those steps several times!! Three years' worth. There is some good wisdom in AA - just didn't keep me from drinking, unfortunately.

Comment

yeh, I think AA is good for a lot of people -- mainly for getting together with other sufferers, meeting people face-to-face, sharing stories, successes and failures (all of which we do here on MWO except for the face-to-face part).

And, as you say, there is a lot of real wisdom in AA's credo. Much of it is applicable to almost everyone-- and a lot of it is plain common sense.

I just have a problem with the idiotic, close-minded notion that one particular 12-step program is the one and only answer (and the dogmatic fervour with which this notion is preached) :finger2:

As we all know, there is more than one way out.:imglad:
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

beatle;745829 wrote:
                As we all know, there is more than one way out.:imglad:
                Beatle, you have just been awarded honorary lifetime citizenship on MWO!!!

:h

Here's to ANY way out, as long as it works!
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

for me, It seems there is only one way out. Thankfully I found it with some help.

Comment

both

I use both, of course, don't share w/ aa people about the bac, they definitely don't believe in meds!!!!??? But the fellowship is wonderful!! I love my friends there!!! And I think they all say the same of me! It is cool, I just wish people were more open minded to other ideas there, like Beatle said!

Just my thoughts,

MA:l
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

alot of aa'ers are not very open minded. i think they really believe it is a spiritual problem not a biochemical one. even though they do say it is a disease. and the big book says " science may one day accomplish this but it hasn't done so yet". same with the general population thinking it is a problem of willpower. change takes time. i believe it was galileo that was jailed for his conviction that the earth wasn't the center of the universe. the telephone was considered evil by some when it was invented. the world was flat. scizophrenia was because of posession by evil spirits etc ad naseum. haha. with that i'm off to a meeting. and i'm grateful to be sober.

Comment

That about says it all

gratitude;746578 wrote: alot of aa'ers are not very open minded. i think they really believe it is a spiritual problem not a biochemical one. even though they do say it is a disease. and the big book says " science may one day accomplish this but it hasn't done so yet". same with the general population thinking it is a problem of willpower. change takes time. i believe it was galileo that was jailed for his conviction that the earth wasn't the center of the universe. the telephone was considered evil by some when it was invented. the world was flat. scizophrenia was because of posession by evil spirits etc ad naseum. haha. with that i'm off to a meeting. and i'm grateful to be sober.
                        loved that post. :clapclap:

Comment

true!!

Gratitude!!:thanks:

That is so true, Dr. A was told by some doc (in his book) that this would take time............think, we all are on the cutting edge!! Cool, huh!?

have a great day all!!!

love,:h

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Whenever I get into a debate with the 12-steppers about whether or not it's possible to have a medical treatment for alcoholism I whip out the big guns:

"The following quote is from a speech give by By Bill W. (Co-founder of AA) " ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS IN IT?S THIRD DECADE" . Presented to the New York City Medical Society on Alcoholism April 28, 1958:

" We also realize that the discoveries of the psychiatrists and the biochemists have vast implications for us alcoholics. Indeed, these discoveries are today far more than implications. Your President and other pioneers in and outside your Society have been achieving notable results for a long time, many of their patients having made good recoveries without any A.A. at all. It should here be noted that some of the recovery methods employed outside A.A. are quite in contradiction to AA principles and practice. Nevertheless, we of AA ought to applaud the fact that certain of these efforts are meeting with increasing success. We know, too, that psychiatry can often release the big neurotic overhang from which many of us suffer after A.A. has sobered us. We know that psychiatrists have sent us innumerable alcoholics who would have never otherwise approached AA, and many clinics have done likewise. We clearly see that by pooling our resources we can do together what could never be accomplished in separation; or in short-sighted criticism and in competition. Therefore I would like to make a pledge to the whole medical fraternity that AA will always stand ready to cooperate, that A.A. will never trespass upon medicine, that our members who feel the call will increasingly help in those great enterprises of education, rehabilitation and research which are now going forward with such promise. So menacing is the growing spectacle of alcoholism that nothing short of the total resources of society can hope to vanquish or much lessen the strength of our very dangerous adversary, John Barleycorn. The subtlety and power of the alcoholic?s malady is revealed on every page of mankind?s history - and never so starkly and so destructive as in this century. When our combined understanding and knowledge have been fully massed and applied, we of AA know that we shall find our friends of medicine in the very front rank - just where so many of you are already standing today. When such an array of benign and cooperative action is in full readiness, it can, and will surely be, a great tomorrow for that vast host of men who suffer from alcoholism, and from all its dark and baleful consequences." "

It is usually at about this point where my thread gets deleted and/or I get banned from their community. Ignorance. :no:

Or as Orange so quaintly quotes: "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance ? that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-HERBERT SPENCER
                            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                            :what?:
                            sigpic
                            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                            A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

loved that post, LoOp. Thanks!

(it really does boggle the mind that some people would be OPPOSED to anything that helps people stay sober--or at least able to moderate our drinking. How are baclofen or naltrexone or other meds that help us that much different theoretically (not practically) than meditation or prayer? These meds aren't addictive or harmful if taken properly. They're all aids in this fight against alcoholism. Usually I just hate dogmatic, moralistic, unscientific thinking...but in the case of alcoholism where so many of us are suffering and causing others suffering, I'm sad that people can't put their rigid beliefs aside in favor of bigger, better goals)

Comment

I've been at 260/day for a couple of days now. Last night, I was soooo tired after my last dose (of 80) that I could not make myself get up off the couch. The dogs and I slept in the living room, and I was passed out by 8 p.m. I didn't even go brush my teeth!

This is not to discourage anyone! It wasn't terrible, just interesting. We'll see if it lessens after a few days.

*yawn!*

Comment

Working...
                                X