Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Just me again!

Well, reading the book was a great start, there is a thread on here somewhere and I will find it and bump it up for you, god knows I am bored out of my mind, would do me some good to help you......

Good luck!!!

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

thank you for welcoming me

i've read a lot of the recent threads now and theyve been good help :thanks: to Bill P and cowgal

i feel much more confidernt about starting baclofen now. you have helped me a lot already

i've looked at that web site and i thaught it was really good. mega information and very friendly. it looks limke its not quite finished yet, but it's answered most of my questions already

It even recommends My Way Out and has links to your baclofen forums

i have e-mailed Dr phill with a few qeustions. hopefully he will reply. he says that he will

youre all stars

here's to us
      Are we all looking for the same way out?

Comment

hi
        just to say i got a reply to the email from dr phill on the baclofen site. i had asked him a couple of specific medical things and he was very helpful

Comment

go gal!

I am hoping the best for you amarylis!!! Glad you found us, anything I can do, please let me know, either through a pm (private message) or a post.................I am here alot, too much maybe, no life?? Oh well........................hopefully a better day today........................

MA:l:l

Comment

Thanks

I am thankful this year that I found baclofen and all of you. Thanks so much for the encouragement, advise, and sharing your stories. I have been almost completely AF for 3 or 4 months now (can't really remember!) I've lost 20 lbs. I've saved lots of money. WOW!!

I'm still between 240-270. Trying to go a little lower, since it's kind of boring going to sleep at 8:00, lol!

Off to have my first hit of wacky backy! Love and best wishes to all of you, new and "old!"

Comment

great larissa!

I am happy to see someone succeeding w/ bac..................keep up the good work!!!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

MA:l:l

Comment

So, how is everyone doing? I am at 120mg and may have hit my switch (finally!) I was really stressed last night, had a light beer (nothing else in the house) and quit after one! That's a new one for this Phoenix.
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Been a terrible week.

A good number of you have been so fantastic, sending me private e-mails through the site. You would not believe how much that meant to me. I have thanked you all individually, but this is a 'generic' thanks to everyone. The concept of "group hugs" makes me want to dive under my bed and hide under tons of fluff, but there you go! Consider yourself hugged just this once.

On the site I have something that I call "Thought For The Day". It's just a load of nonsense really. My views on anything and everything. Today's is a bit about Christmas, kids and booze.

It's dead easy to join in and send comments. I would love it if you could find a few moments to tell me what you think. It's not a 'thread' or anything to compete with MWO. It's just another place to feel welcome.

I really hope to see you there.

Pip
                  xx

Comment

Hiya

started baclofen on monday. felt like nothing until about yesterday, then i started to feel sleepy.
                    e-mailed dr phill loads of times (poor man) - got good advice
                    it's going ok, i think
                    had a drink last night - glass of white wine. don't know why i did. didn't really want it. habit i s'pose
                    didn't want another - now that is unusual
                    i'm in the deep end, but still keeping my head above water
                    isn't this all a bit crazy?

Comment

great

Amaryllis!!! i really hope it helps you....................good luck sweetie!! I am in your corner wishing you the best..........:l:h

off to work in a few, glad I am armed w/ alot of photos of peoples pets to start working on.............been a really bad day here at the house, so looking forward to going to the nut ward!!?(love those guys!!)How sad is that!!??

MA:l

Comment

Well - I am just a boring old so & so, who has done the titration up, then tapered back down to a 80mgs of BAc per day.

No drinking or even interest in it - except for one day when I'd missed two doses and the thought that just one vino would be OK...

Otherwise I just love Baclofen more than I can say.
                        Andy R:

Comment

Hi Andy R

That's so brilliant. I'm one full week in now. Baclofen 20mg three times. I can't quite believe the difference already. The urge has gone. And that bothers me a bit. Too good, too quickly.
                          but the view is good from the deep end

Comment

Encouraging!!!!

Andy & Amarylis, you should be proud & happy w/ your success, I am, for you!! Great Job guys!!!:goodjob:

Xoxo:l:h :l:h

MA

Comment

Amaryllis: I can truly relate to drinking just because you are used to it. I think that's where I am at right now. But to get the cravings gone at 80mg, I am truly envious. I am at 140 and just now feeling the cravings beginning to abate. Glad you are seeing some hope.

Cowgal - sorry you had a bad night at home. I know that can suck big time. Its a huge trigger for me as I am sure it is for just about anyone. Why feel the pain when you can just drink and pass out?

Andy - I love bac, too!! :h

Hugs to everyone

-P.
                              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

much better

I have such hope now, there is "a way out", if you will for me and the kids.................they are happy, talked to them last night, Mike was out drinking and i fell asleep before he got home, need to find a apartment to stay in, then some peace will enter my life................for once in a long time..............wow!!:h

Hope you all are doing well, will be here more often heart and soul so I can try to help, since my energy won't be wasted on this toxic place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is all good!!!

xoxoxoxo MA:l:h

Comment

Working...
                                X