Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Sorry, I forgot!!

:thanks:

Was that OK? Ha!!

Comment

Nick..

Sorry I did not see your post yesterday, but yes, try bac, it has done miracles for me in many ways..... Might as well give it a try!!!??

Best of luck to you, we are all here for you!!

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Still keeping my head above water!

Well, two weeks in and I'm not doing too bad. I'm now on 40mg three times a day, and I've only had one drink. Well, a few drinks actually, but only at a Christmas party. And only that one time. It did space me out quite a lot more than it nortmally wouldve done, and I knew that I couldn't have any more. I had spoke with Dr phill before I went. He told me probably not to have any booze, but I risked it. I couldn't believe that I doidn't get smashed and mess things up like normal :H:H:H i can actually remember going home, which is unknown for me! :nutso:

I got a weird peeing problem, but he has explained that to me, so i'm cool about it for now.

Baclofen rocks! :yay:
        Are we all looking for the same way out?

Comment

AWESO"ME!!!

Amaryllis!! that is great news..................baclofen is working for you.................so far anyway..........it is cool to (if we we want to) we can like "normal people"!!! How cool is that!!!????

I am happy on your progress and please keep us posted, thrilled it is working for you!!

MA:l:h

Comment

Wow. Last night my wife poured a glass of wine. I couldn't decide if I wanted one or not. I poured myself one. Over the entire evening, I probably only had two or three sips.
            I had no desire to drink. I have been slowly titrating and was having somnolence problems, cut back. Sunday I had 25mg 7 am, 25 mg 11 am, 25 mg 3 pm, and 30 mg 7 pm. The 30 was just 5 mg more than my 7 pm dose Sat. I drank Sunday night. Then all of a sudden, Monday evening was essentially AF. I am excited but cautiously so. I will just have to see what happens tonight and the rest of the week, but it seems like something is starting to happen after 6 weeks of slow titration. I am really hopeful.
            NC

Comment

NC!!!

That impressive,:goodjob: I am so happy for you, it is awesome when it works for people, but sad when it doesn't but everyone's body is different in the way we react I guess??

Very happy for you, this new bac is doing wonders for me too!!

Hugs,:l

MA

Comment

Be confident, my friend

NC;775391 wrote: Wow. Last night my wife poured a glass of wine. I couldn't decide if I wanted one or not. I poured myself one. Over the entire evening, I probably only had two or three sips.
                I had no desire to drink. I have been slowly titrating and was having somnolence problems, cut back. Sunday I had 25mg 7 am, 25 mg 11 am, 25 mg 3 pm, and 30 mg 7 pm. The 30 was just 5 mg more than my 7 pm dose Sat. I drank Sunday night. Then all of a sudden, Monday evening was essentially AF. I am excited but cautiously so. I will just have to see what happens tonight and the rest of the week, but it seems like something is starting to happen after 6 weeks of slow titration. I am really hopeful.
                NC
                You have every reason to be very proud of yourself. Your total dose is still very much at the lower end for Baclofen takers who are getting good results. A bit of somnolence never hurt anyone, and it seems to pass off with time at any particular dose. Your slow titration might well be the answer for lots of us. We may have been born with the propensity for this HFD, but it took us many years to develop it. It shouldn't surprise us that it can take a while to exorcise it.

You are an inspiration to us all. And I thank you for sharing it.

Apparently, now I've got to put an emoticon on, or else some think I'm being an old curmudgeon, so ...
                :goodjob:

Comment

Dr. Phill ("Pip" ??) I think the experience repository is a good idea. I take Pacifen and have been quite happy with it. I get it from In House Pharmacy and posted the cost info in that other link that we had going. I will continue to reorder from them.

Today is my first day at 170mg and I think I am at, or nearing, my switch. I did drink on Friday and Sunday, but quite frankly, I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would have.

This Friday I take the train to Chicago for the holidays - a week at my Mom's house. I have never been at my mom's and not drank, so this will be my challenge. I am hoping to keep it at one glass of wine (a normal glass, not a Phoenix sized glas, LOL!) if I do drink.

Monday I had no desire to drink. That is unheard of for me, especially the day after drinking. I am so hopeful I could almost explode all over my monitor. So, if you hear a big SPLAT sound, there I went. :H

Have a great day, y'all.

-P.
                  Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                  That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                  Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                  Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Great news here for the last couple of days! people seeing results.:goodjob:

I'm on my third day at 45mg. Slowly but surely. The only thing i'm noticing is a little curious to say the least. Because my anxiety has been so acute as far as i can remember i'm noticing that my inhibitions guard is slowly coming down. What i mean by that is as my anxiousness is gradually decreasing my mind isn't in overdrive all the time, leading to being less guarded about every day situations, such as speaking my mind a little more to other people and doing things without thinking so much on it.

It's quite scary to be honest as i have always had this guard up not through any choice of my own, but due to my overactive mind. I have always kept myself in check far too much and although i see it as sort of liberating i'm seeing a different person coming through that i never knew before.

What i have written there may come across as being a bit strange, but i was wondering if anybody else has felt this change in mental state due to the bac? I hope it's not just me! It's exciting but i'm a little afraid at the same time.

For your information i'm taking UK Generics Ltd Baclofen BP 10 mg prescribed from my doctor. I take it from the "Generics" label it's not the original brand. Not sure though. It's a white box with a green G label.

Comment

Nick, how on earth did you get a UK doctor to prescribe Baclofen off-license? What dose did he allow you? My GP told me not to go back when I asked him!

Comment

Now, here's a thing if you're all up for it!!

Well, I will have a great day now, Phoenix. Thank you.

How fantastic it is that you are doing so great. And thank you for sharing it with us. You may not realise that, for every person who talks to you here (or on my site), there are hundreds (maybe thousands) more reading you.

I couldn’t be more thrilled that you are doing great, P.

I have absolutely no idea whether we have already spoken on the Baclofen4alcoholism.com site. As you may or may not know (you would if you had been there), the site is entirely confidential, and many MWO bods use it under different names. At the end of the day, it is only me that is not anonymous.:H

Your point about my “experience repository” is very well received. :goodjob: Too few of us from MWO actually contribute on my site. I know that lots of you do visit the site. And, if you get anything positive from it, that is great. But too few of you actually put anything back in. For obvious reasons to anybody who has followed the “commercial gain” thread, I have been reluctant to post on MWO very often.

But your message here today gives me every reason to promote what we are doing. :thanks:

I am thrilled that you are doing so well. Many others are doing just as well. Unfortunately, some others are not. That may well be just bad luck. Nothing works perfectly for everyone. However, it is also becoming increasingly clear that not all Baclofen is the same as all other.

I have read, with interest, lots of postings on this site that raise concerns about the quality of Baclofen purchased over the internet.

You say that you take Pacifen from the In-House Pharmacy. So do I. In fact, there is a 100 tab container to my left as I type this. And I am very happy with it, and their service. And their price.

At this stage, the more cynical here might think that we are in cahoots. That’s up to them. I want to make it clear that I pay full price for my Pacifen, and get absolutely no special treatment whatsoever from the In-House Pharmacy.

I have decided to set up a special part of baclofen4alcoholism.com purely for you to post your own experiences with your own Baclofen and your own suppliers. I envisage a page where you can go to see a pictorial analysis of all aspects of a supplier’s service and individual Baclofen efficacy.

I have discussed this with Lo0p, who thinks that it is a great idea. So, I’m going to do it. I intend to start tonight!! That’s what I’m like. It won’t be great at first, but I hope that there will be something for you to contribute to within 24 hours.

However, to make this a success, I will need to post regular reminders for submissions on this thread (but I won’t do it elsewhere on MWO). Please do not misconstrue these requests. You absolutely MUST join in :thanks:

This could be a very great thing, if you only join in. If you don’t, then don’t blame me if you buy “dodgy” Baclofen. :sorry: But it will be your fault.

Take care

Pip xx

Comment

Hey all,
                          I too order from Inhouse. The Pacifen. It seemed a little stronger than what I was getting elsewhere. It was Liorisil.

As for tonight, I have some craving, more than last night. But I am not drinking. I am going to stay with my current dosing regimen through tomorrow and then probably go up just 5 mg Thursday. I seem to do better with small incremental increases in doses.

Keep you all posted. I am still encouraged but wish I had no craving tonight. As Dr. Phil says, many more are reading these threads than are posting. I truly hope these threads are helping everyone as much as they have helped me.

NC

Comment

Thrilled!!!

I just cannot tell you guys, Phoenix, NC etc how great it is to hear some successes on this thread!!!:goodjob: Yay!!! I am happy and so thrilled to see it!!!

Dr. Phill, good to see you joining in, huge fan of your site, everyone should go. & at least check it out!!!

Love & hugs,:l:h

MA

Comment

beatle;774036 wrote: Lo0p, I await your reply. And I'm sure it will clarify everything.
                              Okay, this is turning into kind of a personal project of mine. I've got a lot of stuff I want to throw together. I am dealing with a new job and and intensive training/dieting schedule right now. I'll get it done but it might be a while. :sorry:
                              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                              :what?:
                              sigpic
                              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                              A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

I said I'd do it, and I have. Now, it's up to you!

Further to my last post, I have now put 3 new pages on baclofen4alcoholism.com. There is a Obtaining Baclofen page that, with your help, will provide a critique of different Baclofens and suppliers. There is one on there already. In fact, NC has already posted a second, and that will be on as soon as I can do it.

There is also a Submit your Baclofen Report page where you are taken through a check list that allows me to keep the Obtaining Baclofen page up to date and relevant. And fair.

Lastly, there is a Wall of Honour
                                where all of you who contribute to the site will be recognised for all the great help that you do for others. Just use your MWO name or whatever, and I shall put them on if you join in the B4a Thread, or respond to my Thought for the Day or comment on the Baclofen Diaries, or just complete a Baclofen Report. If you just e-mail me personally, that will remain personal, your personal name will remain private, unless you would like it to be acknowledged on the Wall. The more of you that are on there, the more of us will join in. It will give others confidence to do the same. There's safety in numbers, you know!

This will be the first of many reminders to submit your Baclofen Reports. Please join in. Anecdotes only become relevant and important when there is a lot of them.

Pip xx

Comment

Working...
                                X