Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! No Phillip, he has no idea who I am. I do need to talk to him though. In fact, you and I need to chat. Are you available?
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hi Roy (Dr Eskapa)

I'm the most un-surgeonly surgeon you will ever meet.
      I came to this as a Baclofen user without information. So, I went out and found as much information about Baclofen as I could find.
      Then I put it on a web site.
      Then even more information found its way to me.
      So I put that on the web site.
      Then the web site took on a life of its own.
      Then my life started to be not my own!
      That's how this started. And how it is continuing.
      Of course, I would love to read your book. If you would send me a copy, I would be thrilled. The more that I know, the more help that I can be to others.
      I'm an academic surgeon. And a lawyer. And a ghostwriter. I'm not an academic in the fields of addiction and alcoholism.
      I'm not being remotely flippant. Forgive me if you think that I am.
      Some years ago, a peer of Ameisen's said, and I paraphrase "it doesn't matter if double blind randomised controlled trials don't show a benefit with Baclofen, so long as some people are benefitting."

And that is my point.

I'm here to help them. My Baclofen Buddies. I can't change the world.

Phill

This is an open letter

Comment

Hi Lo0p

do you want to go private? I happy not to.

See you at my b4a e-mail if you wish

Pip

Comment

Dr Phill;779138 wrote:
          For lots and lots and lots of us, Baclofen has saved our lives. And, that's that!

If I can help to validate it scientifically I will. And be pleased that scientists much cleverer than me showed that lots of us were right all along. You and I know that it will never happen. Because noone will ever fund it...
          This is an open letter
          If we work hard enough, someone will fund it... eventually.

Dr. A worked tirelessly on this exact problem-- maybe that's why he is not getting involved now. Maybe he sees first-hand that this is "impossible" (he says as much in his book).

Maybe he is waiting to be proven wrong.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

wow

here I am again, I for one would love to coordinate a study, have talked to my pc doc. who I used to work on clinical studies with about just this..........not going to happen probably, but would love to see it!!

Physicians, esp in America are set in their ways, they prescribe valium for alcoholism for christ sake!??What Dr.A was on so I guess that is the mindset?!!

keep this going, I would LOVE nothing better than to see this approved for alcoholism............

xo MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Baclofen video

After watching Dr Phill's video that Amaryllis got into trouble with the good Doc for posting, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIiEqrj7LQs[/video]]YouTube - Baclofen reduces cocaine and alcohol craving

Its a couple of minutes long, but just explains very simply how Baclofen works. I found it interesting. Have a look.
              Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
              :h ya
              Trix

Comment

yeah

he has so much knowledge on this an everything, very smart individual!

xoxo MA

Comment

An open letter

Just received this from Dr Eskapa

"Hi Phillip

I could not agree with nor admire you more.

I attach en electronic copy (not to be posted on the net as my publisher would throe a 'wobbly') ... let me know what you think.

I think that Sinclair found a cure for 'opioid' system mediated alcoholism but not for 'GABA' mediated (driven) craving and addiction. There are now gene tests for the 118 A mu opioid receptor mutation - those with the mutation have a 78 % chance of success with the Sinclair Method ... other not.

There may be value is a combination therapy - but extinction cannot occur without ongoing drinking ... see attached.

Best for 2010 and let's be in touch

Roy"

This is great news for us all. Our health and well being is not about bods like me and Dr Eskapa. It's about us all getting well. Political factions are rubbish. The best of us just want the very best for all of us. 2010 can be our year.

Dr Eskapa has made a very brave leap of faith here. I, for one, am leaping with him.

Comment

My last message of the year probably.

I just sent this to Dr Eskapa.

"Dear Roy

You have made my year. A year ago, I hadn't even heard of Baclofen. What a journey it has been.

Thank you, my friend, and Merry Christmas.

Phillip"

And I thank you for all the new friends that I have found. A journey indeed. Just shows you, doesn't it? You never have any idea what is just around the next corner. If you stop walking, you'll never find out.

The world is a big, mad, crazy place. Thank God.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Pip xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

One last note. Having sent a few e-cards out. I didn't realise that you all didn't know this.

I happen to know Mr Noddy Holder from Slade. This comes out every Xmas since it first came out in 1973. He's very grateful!!

There's no better way to celebrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8KT365wlA[/video]]YouTube - slade - merry christmas everybody

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Pip xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

happy christmas eve to all

love you all dearly u have always been here for me..................hope you all have a joyous and wonderful Christmas!!

MA

Comment

Merry Christmas

It's still Christmas in a lot of Countries around the world (boxing day here for us) I hope everyone is having a great day.

Thank you Dr Phill for that reminiscent video of Slade singing Merry Christmas Everyone, the song lives on - but not the hairstyles thank god.

Here's to a promising 2010. I sincerely hope it will be a far better one and AF for us all. :l
                          Trix

Comment

cannpt wait actually

I, personally cannot wait for Christmas to be over............................tomorrow will be another normal day........................glad to have you all here!! Thanks for always being here!!!:thanks::thanks:

xoxoxo:l:h

MA

Comment

2010 will be awesome

MA, next year will be so much better for you - not only do you want Christmas to be over, you probably want this year to be over.

Here's to an AF 2010

:yougo::dancin::goodtime::woot:inkele:
                              Trix

Comment

bac dosing schedules

For those of you who have hit the switch or are close, what are your bac dosing regimens?

I feel I am close. My regimen is

30 mg 7 AM, 30 mg 11 AM, 30 mg 3 PM, 30 mg 7 PM. I plan on going up adding 5 mg to each dosage time until I hit the switch. So, for now four evenly spaced doses.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X