Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fiddle around with mine a LOT, but I seem to do fine with 100mg @ 1pm and 100mg @ 4pm.

That keeps my switch flipped. 0 cravings.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

As for my regimen... that's a little more complicated:

4:30 Wake up
      4:45 Coffee
      5:00 Coffee, 1000mg Acetyl L Carnitine
      5:15 More coffee
      5:25 One more cup
      5:30 Fasted AM cardio 45-60 minutes
      7:15 Meal 1: 38g pro 14g fat
      9:45 Meal 2: 38g pro 14g fat
      11:30 1000mg Acetyl L Carnitine
      12:00 Meal 3: 38g pro 14g fat
      1:00 100mg Baclofen
      2:30 Meal 4: 38g pro 14g fat
      4:00 100mg Baclofen
      4:15 Meal 5: 1 apple 15g carbs
      4:30 Coffee, 1000mg Acetyl L Carnitine
      5:00 Resistance training
      6:00 Meal 6: 29g pro 70g carbs
      7:30 Meal 7: 29g pro 70g carbs
      7:45 300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
      10:00 Sleep (hopefully )

:H
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

loop?

u don't space yours out all day?? That is alot at one time, no??? I take 100mg. but space it out all day, otherwise I would be spacey!!(more spacey, if you could imagine that!?):H:H:H:H

thanks,:thanks:

MA:l
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

cowgal;780902 wrote: otherwise I would be spacey!!(more spacey, if you could imagine that!

MA:l
          :H :H :H

I also take mine like that, once I realised I wasn't going to experience side-effects (WD) if it wasn't in my system constantly.

When I hit my switch, I was taking 80 / 80 / 80.

At my maintenance dose of 120, I take 60 / 60 - around lunchtime and then again mid-afternoon.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

wow

maybe I will start taking larger doses less often too........................I am w/ this new stuff, feeling really tired off 30mg 4xday...............would be better to just feel tired two times a day, worth a try, thanks guys, u r great!!!:thanks::thanks:

MA:l:h

Comment

My last switch, and I use my words very carefully, was at 150mg in 3 x 50mg. I hope that it is my last switch. My belief is that I may need others in time. Physiologically, I find it inconceivable that I won't need to play about with it. It may be more on occasions. Sometimes less. My current maintenance is at 50mg x 2. per day, taken at waking and early evening.

I'm so disappointed that more of you don't join in with my web site, baclofen4alcoholism.com. Maybe what I am doing is wrong, inappropriately directed, in a format you cannot relate to, and not for you. If so, I am sorry.

We all need your input about how you're getting on. Benefits, side effects and different Baclofen's. I can't provide you with as much information as is potentially out there if you don't provide me with the raw data.

I do something far different from MWO. What we do is complementary.

It's up to you, now.

Pip xx

Comment

I agree with MA, I would be afraid of more somnolence if I maybe took two doses, one mid afternoon and then one at the witching hour. I am going to stick with my current schedule for now until I am sure I hit the switch. I can't decide if I have hit it or not.
                I can go without a drink, but I still think about it. I am not completely indifferent to alcohol.

thanks for your responses.

NC

Comment

NC;781186 wrote:
                  I can go without a drink, but I still think about it. I am not completely indifferent to alcohol.

NC
                  Neither am I, but that is by choice. I intend beating this addiction well and good.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Dr Phill;781113 wrote: My last switch, and I use my words very carefully, was at 150mg in 3 x 50mg. I hope that it is my last switch. My belief is that I may need others in time. Physiologically, I find it inconceivable that I won't need to play about with it. It may be more on occasions. Sometimes less. My current maintenance is at 50mg x 2. per day, taken at waking and early evening.
                    It is not, IMHO, so much about the possibility of a "last switch." Panda's experience is something slightly different, I think. Which is why I would be grateful if he would update his thread again.

When we become AF on baclofen, it does not mean that the triggers for drinking have disappeared from our lives. Triggers are different for all of us. For me, weekends were bad, as were specific emotional things.

This is where p.r.n. (as needed) doses of bac come into play. For at least a month after becoming AF, I took an extra 20 - 40mg mid-afternoon on a Friday. Ditto early on Saturday morning (I used to start binging as early as 06.00 )

Even now, I take precautions when I know I'm going into a drinking situation by taking an extra 20mg. Or if something bad happens emotionally, I'll take 20mg and ride it out for an hour.

To try and make a long story short: my maintenance level might be 120mg (from a 240 switch), but I proactively manage my baclofen intake upwards to mitigate risk.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

my fear

Since I work nights now it is hard enough for me not to dose off, damn, it's boring as hell from 1-6AM!!?? So i am not dosing in a normal way, but it seems to be holding my cravings at bay w/ all the crap going on in my life..........I am just afraid I will hit that "F-it"switch and get a beer on the way home from work, and there it all goes down the tubes!!!??...........I just dose up when I get off work, get sleepy then on my days off dose in the pm, just started that recently, thanks Loop and Tip!!!:thanks::thanks:

Best of luck to you NC....................and all trying to figure this out.....................

love,:l:h

MA

Comment

I am at 190 and am close to my switch. I am female, 149 pounds.

My dosing is:

20mg at around 3am
                        40mg at 6:30am
                        30mg at 10:00am
                        40mg at 1:00pm
                        40mg at 4:30pm
                        20mg before bed (usually around 9:30pm)

I really don't want to go any higher than 190.
                        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

have you seen dr phill's latest video?

he looks awful, but listen to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3NWtQT7klU[/video]]YouTube - I'm Not Killing Myself In Public!!! Baclofen - Curing Our Alcoholism - www.baclofen4alcoholism.com
                          Are we all looking for the same way out?

Comment

How exciting!!

Phoenix, when u hit that switch, it is cool as sh@t!!! I was daring and at less than 120 lbs went all the way to 200mg with no probs, but now that I have this new stuff(it's kicking my ass though!!) I cannot seem to get past 120, so my switch is gone, but I am still af, I am sure if I was daring & decided to drink, I would get plasterd off 1 beer, as happened in every other time I have gotten fed up and said f@ck it, but I am enjoying for the most part being af......

Best of luck, andkeep us posted, ok!?

MA

Comment

What is it about you people that you don't want to get cured?

Harsh start, but I bet I got your attention.

I have had a ton of e-mails this XMas that make it obvious that lots of you like the commadery of being a drunk with lots of anonymous people to be a drunk with.

Few of you ever stick your head up and say, "Shit, can you help me with Baclofen?"

One of my latest writers (a doctor) even said that she hated the fact the your "MWO alcoholism badge" (her words not mine) seemed to depend on how much you drank. She hated that so much. I jest not.

I give you MWO lot six months, my friends. I will post here for that long. I give you six months for all the unseen visitors and MWO members to come to the surface. I give you six months to see how far this sad pathetic inadequate nonsense of a man can go when he tried to do his best.

Six months.

Help me do this.Or it ends. Simple as that.
                              Pip xxxxxxxxxx

Who needs emoticons now, Mrs Beatle? Is there one for that??? And you know who I am!!!

Comment

Yes that utube Baclofen Reduces Cocaine and Alcohol Craving is very interesting.
                                HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Attached files [img]/converted_files/1125080=5441-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X