Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone on MWO, have a happy and healthy New Year.

I agree wholeheartedly with Nickydo's comments. I understand that many are grasping for someone/something that will help them. I just don't want to see you all being used for someone's unknown agenda.

We are hear to help each other and Dr. Phil has done a service with his website. However, I don't understand his irate behavior when we are not doing what he wants us to do.

Well to each your own. I have a more cautious and skeptical nature. I want to wish all of you good health, happiness and freedom from our addiction.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Tip

Even though putting your last post is a brave move, i see the similairites very clearly, something is clearly wrong here. This is a place where people come to get help, i just don't understand how the moderators can't see it as well as we do.

Thank you for replying Tip.

Nick

Comment

Okay. I'm sorry this is ridiculous.

He's a nice guy. He's honest and he has no ulterior motives. He's more humble than most people, he has a right to be proud of certain things and in this respect he does not go overboard.

Narcissism is a DSM IV Axis II major personality disorder. It's an insult to him and it's an insult to your own judgment to throw something like that out there.

I can understand people getting a little worked up about what he has said here recently. It is glaringly obvious to me that he has a problem too. His problem is that he is sensitive and frustrated.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

This guy doesn't even understand what a 'thread', a 'site', a 'chat client', a 'blog', or even a 'forum' is. Yet, he is trying his absolute hardest to learn how to use them in order to accomplish a singular goal: TO HELP PEOPLE.

He cannot understand why more people don't jump on the bandwagon and try to popularize baclofen when it could clearly save millions of lives. He is not in this for himself. Is he a little misguided? No. He's laying it all out on the line and flying blind.

Who is this guy? Listen to yourselves. He's given you enough personal information that you could drag him through the mud if you were so inclined. And it sounds like you are.
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hi Loop, i completely take on board everything your saying there and i see that too i really do, this chap has laid everything on the table for all to see and i see that and admire him for that, however there is something more than that evident here and before the last 3 posts Dr Phill made a lot of people were a little hazy in the reasoning. I'm not trying to put anybody down or derail the thread, that really isn't my intention.

I just see what i see, Tip has obviously thought long and hard about this enough to trigger in his/her mind enough to research a possible link. That doesn't make the post right or wrong in a factual way but hats off for putting it on here.

I just want to point out that i don't want this thread to stray from the subject matter because it's important to all of us, but this situation needs attention.

Comment

I'm sorry: I tend to be quite a quiet visitor here but I felt I had to say something here.

It makes me very sad what people are saying about Dr Phill and if I can just put my two cents' worth in I'd like to say that I think suspicion and hostility seem pointless emotions. When Dr Phil said that he considered himself a 'prisoner' one member actually commented: 'we don't know who you actually are, you have been in prison for what? are you what you say you are?'
              Firstly, sorry, but didn't you realize
              Dr Phill was using a metaphor to describe his feeling of being imprisoned by alcohol? He was not saying he had been in prison! Read people's postings before you react. And, secondly, I used to work in prisons and met many poor souls who were alcoholics in there and who, like those of us on the outside, pay the price every day for their addiction. I know I have lived my life pretending to be someone other than who I am, and I know that I too have been a prisoner held in chains by alcoholism.

And it seems blindingly obvious to me that many of us who visit this website - most of us in fact - do so anonymously, using pseudonyms - I have no idea who any of you are but that doesn't matter. I don't care: I care about the act of personal honesty required to come here. That makes me trust every one of you, right here, right now in these printed words. I form an impression of each of you, sometimes things that every single one of you say helps me to get through the day, but it is the comfort of strangers, of people none of whom are who they say they are - but who are nevertheless sane, truthful, and at times twisted out of shape by this disease alcoholism. I know my disease and my addiction has frightened or bewildered other people. I feel pretty horrified by some of the comments here about Dr Phill: how could you vilify someone publicly in this way? That's what society does to us alcoholics: calls us names and hangs us out to dry while endorsing the alcohol industry right across the board.

If Dr Phill gets prickly or cross or out of shape, I've seen almost all of you do this (me too), but so what? And these references to self-promotion ... well, I'm sorry but what do you want him to do? It seems blindingly obvious that if he is to achieve his goal of popularizing baclofen, refocusing attention on alcohol addiction, use youtube etc. then he has to let people know who he is? Wikipedia entries etc. are all common practice in establishing an internet identity - these aren't acts of a disfunctional personality.

How could we do this to him? Unlike most of us he has had the courage to put a face to his name. I hope, personally, he has the courage to come back to this website and keep going despite our unkindness. We need his help too. He is trying to save lives: let's get on with it!

Comment

Ok

I am all ok w/ all of this guys, this informative, supporful thread is a great place to check on to often, just keep it all cool guys and let's be here for eachother !!

Happy new year!!!!

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

:goodjob:
                  Thanks Cowgal. Happy New Year to you too.

Comment

I realised after posting my piece that the prison comment i made was incorrect and it was being used as a metaphor, i tried to edit it but it hasn't worked for some reason. My apologies for this. The rest still stands.

Comment

no worries guy!!

We, at least most of us don't judge here, u say what u have to when u have to, we are all here to support you...............................best wishes, MA:l:l:l

Comment

Dr. Phills's site baclofen4alcoholism.com is full of good information. Like him or not.
                        NC

Comment

You are correct NC, the site has a great deal of useful information. With regard to my previous posts i was merely making an observation. I get the feeling that MWO and the Baclofen website that is frequently advertised here come across as being the be all and end all of the whole subject. It isn't, there is an infinite mountain of information out there for us, and although the research is in it's infancy i think we will see more clinical trials and results that pertain to the original authors personal discovery.

Or it could go the other way in that it will fade into nothing, but i for one am very grateful for hearing about the use of Baclofen with the treatment of Alcohol, i'm on 100mg's a day now and the results i'm getting are pretty remarkable the truth be known.

Comment

NC;784203 wrote: Dr. Phills's site baclofen4alcoholism.com is full of good information. Like him or not.
                            NC
                            Absolutely, NC.

I've acknowledged it in the past, and posted links to it.

Having said that, my other comments still stand.
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

WitsEnd;783736 wrote: I'm sorry: I tend to be quite a quiet visitor here but I felt I had to say something here.

How could we do this to him? Unlike most of us he has had the courage to put a face to his name. I hope, personally, he has the courage to come back to this website and keep going despite our unkindness. We need his help too. He is trying to save lives: let's get on with it!
                              Thank you WitsEnd and the many others who have sent me their full and kind support both openly and privately.
                              I have the courage to come back here, in spades.
                              I just can't see the point.
                              Narcissistic Personality Disorder, indeed. Dear God.
                              However, I shall still promote MWO on the B4a site.
                              What you do here is very important.

Comment

Nice!!

It is so great to see u all getting along so well, support, that is what we're here for, thru good and bad times...... Will visit & post on your site next dr phill! Have 2 more hours to kill, tried to watch the vlog, but cannot hear u!!??

Stay cool guys!!

MA

Comment

Working...
                                X