Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Oh and.......

I forgot, wanted to tell you all about the bonfire I went to on new years eve........ My gf who doesn't know I don't drink anymore gave me a tall Miller Lite when I got to the party, didn't want to be rude, opened it, took a sip, held the can for a very long time without an urge to even drink it( that would have NEVER have happened pre-bac!!!) I ended up dumping it in the bushes when I walked away to make a phone call.....

How cool is that?!?!? Love this stuff!!!!

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

All are welcome at MWO. Sharing experiences and useful information is what we do. Self promotion or promoting products is frowned upon.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Maybe I need to give the Baclofen another try. Great results for you MA - It must feel wonderful to not want to drink anymore. I just need to be really careful and go extremely slowly. Might take me 6 months to get there, but thats better than never.
        Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
        :h ya
        Trix

Comment

Oh and good to see you back here Dr Phill!
          Trix

Comment

Trix

I thought u were doing ok on bac, but just didn't get to your switch?? I'd keep going if u can, it has been a total miracle for me, love you and want to see u get better!!!

MA:h

Comment

I had to go off of it MA, I was so tired - felt like a zombie - I think
              i'm one who has to titrate really super slowly :upset:

I might try again when I feel normal again, whateva that is - lol.
              Trix

Comment

Ok

I understand, just wanted the best for you, hope u find something that works for u!!

Lots of love,:l:h

MA

Comment

So happy you are doing so well MA! Hope things are looking up!

Comment

thx

Sweetie, I hope u r doing ok..............i am off to sleep, stayed up way too long visiting a good friend after I got off work..................not smart!?
                    xo MA:l:h

Comment

zen

His site has been down all day, major headache, he is really upset over it, will/should be up and running again, guess things over in the uk aren't as easily taken care of as here?? He has had probs w/ the server more than u want to know..............I gave him some pointers on the site, hopefully he takes/took them, so has Trix................otherwise, it is just another wealth of info for us bac users....................nice guy too.............much more compassionate than Dr. A..............at least he returns emails!!

just give him a little time................hope to see u there, there are only about 2-3 of us on the site so far.............just new tho, so maybe/hopefully will grow............think it's all good...........

xoxo Zen.....................:l

MA

Comment

Thank you McZen - didn't know you were a Scottish Highlander, or indeed a woman

Hello Zen,
                        Long time, never spoke.
                        My web server is in Denmark, and has let the 600,000 of us that use it down a couple of times. As I type this, the site is back on-line. And you can post on it, if you like.
                        Look, I'm fed up of fighting. You are obviously very sensible.
                        I am not self-promoting. I am Baclofen promoting. The people that really need it may never ever get it, either because they don't know about it, or their medics are too ignorant or blinkered. Or they are in hostels without access to chat rooms and forums and threads. That's if they can read or are sober enough to know what they are doing. What they all need is information. What all the people that look after them need is information. That is all that I am doing.
                        My doctor wouldn't prescribe Baclofen for me. With this site as some form of back-up for me, he might have just considered it when I asked him. But, I hadn't set it up then.
                        I believe that you are very sensible, and open to debate. On baclofen4alcoholism.com, I specifically state as many times as I can that Baclofen is:
                        Firstly, not going to work for some people at all
                        Secondly, that its effects are going to vary from person to person
                        Thirdly, that its effects may vary in the same person from time to time
                        Fourthly, that we don't have a clue how long we might have to take it for
                        Fifthly, what is going to emerge from just around the corner to improve on Baclofen

Where did I ever say that people would be "foolish" not to "follow my recommendations?" I don't make any recommendations. I provide information, as efficently as you lot can provide it to me, which is not that efficient to be honest.

And, my manners are absolutely impeccable.

Lastly, under your advice, I shall remove all references to MWO from my site. Thank you for telling me. I really appreciate it. It hadn't entered my head.

It would be lovely to see you grace our 'thread, chat room, mail board' thingy at some stage. After all, I might well need your help one day. Only a few hours ago, an ex-MWO visitor contacted me with something that was potentially very important. That's how it works at B4a. That information won't get lost in thousands of postings on any number of threads. Once I've looked into it, it will be in the potential complications pages tonight, as long as I can get on to do it.

Kind Regards.

Pip

Comment

Zen,

Those are my thoughts as well. I am also concerned about Dr. Phil and understand he has been through some rough times as of late. As far as giving advice, and I know we all do it off the cuff....but wouldn't it be dangerous or even litigious for a Doctor to be dispensing advice when addiction is not his field or specialty? What if something happened to someone who was taking Dr. Phil's advice regarding taking Baclofen. I'm not a doctor and don't mind talking about my experiences, but I would be concerned if I was a doctor about being sued for malpractice and misrepresentation. I don't know....any lawyers in the house? Just would not want Dr. Phil getting into trouble. When it comes down to it....he is a member on MWO, a fellow alcohol sufferer and a baclofen user like a lot of us here.

I would think twice about being called Dr. Baclofen though. Just my thoughts and opinion.

Comment

Thank you for your concern

brightlite;785397 wrote: Zen,

Those are my thoughts as well. I am also concerned about Dr. Phil and understand he has been through some rough times as of late. As far as giving advice, and I know we all do it off the cuff....but wouldn't it be dangerous or even litigious for a Doctor to be dispensing advice when addiction is not his field or specialty? What if something happened to someone who was taking Dr. Phil's advice regarding taking Baclofen. I'm not a doctor and don't mind talking about my experiences, but I would be concerned if I was a doctor about being sued for malpractice and misrepresentation. I don't know....any lawyers in the house? Just would not want Dr. Phil getting into trouble. When it comes down to it....he is a member on MWO, a fellow alcohol sufferer and a baclofen user like a lot of us here.

I would think twice about being called Dr. Baclofen though. Just my thoughts and opinion.
                            You two are so great. And I mean it. No sarcasm. No hidden meaning. No undercurrent of nastiness.

If I can do anything to reassure you, I have never ever given anybody any personal medical advice about Baclofen. Not once. I go to great pains for them to undertand that I will never do this.

You asked if there was a lawyer in the house? Yes, me.

Are there any doctors in the house? Yes, me.

But, when it comes to B 4 a, I am just one of us. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm not there as a doctor or a lawyer. I'm just one of us. Open your eyes properly to that please, and you will see what I am trying to do. I never give personal medical advice.

I invite you to join our 'chat' thing as well, Brightlite. You would see exactly what we are all doing, rather than guessing.

I do not think of myself as Dr Baclofen. As I have joked on B4a, if I am a 'not-so-superhero', then I'm Ciderman. My drunken alter ego. DrBaclofen was just an e-mail address, because the 25 others that I had tried were all taken. Same for YouTube. But people do have to be able to find you, or the message is lost. Honestly. You lot.

Hope to chat to you later on B4a. Go on, give it a go.

Pip

Comment

Well done Dr Phill at turning all this around and being courageous. Just google baclofen4alcoholism and you can see a whole new set of You Tube videos with Dr Phill dressed (how about a hat and gloves next time?) and giving exactly the right sort of message. Impressive, honest and informative. Great changes to the website www.baclofen4alcoholism too. I think you do a great service to My Way Out ... unmediated by personal feelings, you popularize useful information 'threads' from this website.
                              :goodjob:

Comment

No disrespect Dr. Phil...really. Just concerned for your well being as I am for ours as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X