Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Help! Where to Order for Canada?

I have been ordering baclofen from Goldpharma for nearly one year with no problems. Unfortunately, my last two orders never made it to my home. I live in Montreal, Canada. I running dangerously low and am desperately looking for a no prescription, reasonably priced online pharmacy that will ship to Canada. Can anyone help? Thanks very much!

Comment

Hi, Emvee

I'm not from Canada, so I don't know how strict they are i.t.o. customs etc.

I order from Inhousepharmacy, and pay extra to have it delivered door-to-door via FedEx. It is reliable, VERY discreet - there is nothing on the waybill that identifies it as a pharmaceutical, and takes less than a week to be delivered.

The best option is to contact their customer service dept and ask about delivery to Canada. Ditto any other online pharmacy you wish to use. They advised me from the beginning that delivery via mail to South Africa was unreliable, hence the decision to go with FedEx. I had been using 4RX before then, which had a customs declaration taped to the outside of the envelope, identifying the contents as Baclofen.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Calling Beatle: where are youuuuuuu??? Your PM box remains full and you've opted NOT to receive emails...
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yeah?!

Beatle, where r u!?! MIA!! Come back soon we need u!!!!

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Yes, I was wondering where Beatle has been lately!!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hey

Upping my dose, today was ok, af, but I don't want another Wednesday nite EVER!!! I don't even want to try to mod because when I am af I feel so much better!
              How r u Brite???

MA

Comment

dosage where switch hit

Hey all,
                Questions for all of you who have hit the switch. Cowgal, BraveHeart, LoOp, Tip, Phoenix Rising, and many others who have posted on this forum. I don't mean to leave anyone out.

What dose did you hit the switch?

How did you know you hit the switch? Is there an objective criteria or just a subjective feeling?

How long did you stay at the switch dose?

What is your maintenance dose and how long did it take to titrate down to it?

Any other advice? I am at 140 mg a day divided into four doses. Still drinking one or two glasses of wine each evening, still with some craving. Some somnolence.

Thanks.

NC

Comment

NC

All I can say is I hit my switch at about 200mg(w/the old stuff, weaker than the stuff I am using now)Now I am at 150 mg(which is just a little high for my weight but not too bad..............I am having NO cravings, am totally indifferent to al, have not had any since 1/6 and don't plan on ever having it again..............

The only thing is that I cannot handle how tired I get.....................blah!!

good luck

MA

Comment

Hey, NC. Responses to your questions to the best of my ability

What dose did you hit the switch? - 240mg (went to 270mg one day - extra p.r.n. doses).

How did you know you hit the switch? - from 180mg upwards, I started thinking about alcohol less. Usually, if I went to the shops after work, I would head for the wine first. I found myself forgetting to buy it, although there was always still some in the house. At that stage, I would nurse one or two glasses every night. When I reached 240, it dawned on me that I was really only doing it out of habit and a sense of comfort, I guess. That's when I decided not to pour a drink that night, and emptied the bottles of wine that were still in the house.

How long did you stay at the switch dose?
                    - about 16 days, if I recall correctly (I'll have to go back to my "bac diary" to check). Somnolence was really bad a that stage - it didn't abate as I stayed at a steady 240mg. When I had my fender-bender, I decided to start titrating down.

What is your maintenance dose and how long did it take to titrate down to it?
                    - used to be 120mg, am now on 100mg for the past three days. I took me about 2 months to titrate down to 120mg. I had a "wobbly" at 180mg (return of bad cravings), and stayed there for 2 weeks before attempting to go lower.

I must just mention that at the level I'm at now, I am not indifferent to alcohol, but I feel I have come far enough to start working on beating the addiction, and not just suppressing it. I started seeing a psychiatrist after 30 days AF, and a psychologist a month after that.

All of us are different and have become alcoholics for a variety of reasons. In my case, there are underlying, pre-existing sh!t I need to work through.

Hope that helps somewhat
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

cold

I have a cold and just took niquil, hope I am ok........................good night....................MA

Comment

Hey all!

Hope u r all well, missing everyone, alot of stress, thank GOD for bac, holding strong at 120mg/day, a little tired, but ok, gotta try to keep it up w/ this crazy work hours, don't want to blow it! It is hard to figure out, but will eventually.....

Keep us posted NC and others, best of luck!!

MA

Comment

Still slowly titrating up with some somnolence. I am taking 35 mg at 8 AM, 35 mg at noon, 35 mg at 4 PM and now 40 mg at 8 PM. I will do this for a few days and then up 5 MG to 40 mg for my 4 PM dose if not too somnolent. Still drinking a glass or two of wine with dinner. Habit? I don't know. I am not indifferent to alcohol yet.

Just am going to take my time. I hope I will hit the switch, but haven't yet. Still, it is nice to go to bed sober, remember what I said on the phone during the evening, feel refreshed when I wake up. Totally different experience compared to the last twenty years.

NC

Comment

yeha

I agree, if you keep going up you WILL hit your switch, I did, just will stay at that dose longer like Tip, I think I only stayed there for less than a week, drank a couple times during that period, but like u, got buzzed from 1 or 2 beers, remember everything, and felt fine in the AM, but not taking it regularly due to my work hours really screwed my body up i think, and all this stress and shit w/ the divorce had me at my witt's end last week, will stay af, for a while at least, hit my switch and stay there, then see what happens, would be nice to stay indifferent, should have known when I started thinking about it again, that I wasn't doing something right......................

thanks for keeping us up to date, i think you'll do fine, keep on trying at least!

love,:l

MA

Comment

MA,
                              Thanks for the kind words. I am not discouraged at all. Just have to be patient with this slow titration.
                              As stated before, a few weeks ago I suddenly stopped drinking to excess all of a sudden. Since then, one or two glasses of wine a night, then no more. So, great progress. But more to be had, I hope.
                              NC

Comment

yeah

That IS progress, that is all we can ask for...............it'll kick in soon, I bet, hope for you!

Good luck,:l

MA

Comment

Working...
                                X