Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, i thought I posted here but its not showing. Im on my third day of Bac. I am a nightly drinker but since I lost a job, i had been drinking a few beers in the day more and more often, taking maybe a two hour break and having my bottle of wine at night. At times it was worse of a bender than that. Alcohol has taken over my life. But im on day 3 and must admit, i am certaintly not obsessing over it at ALL. except for some depression due to withdrawels im sure. it may be the bac working already ( at 30mg) with the combination of being on my 3rd day without alcohol. ( but i think its the bac alot ) i really dont understand why everyone is critizing dr. phil, i havent looked at his website yet however. but anyway, be back on here lata!

Comment

time4

I felt the same, go w/ it...............it has done wonders for me but be careful, if u drink, u get really drunk, really fast, at least i did last time...................usually I am totally indifferent to al vs water...............which is cool cuz i used to obsess over al the whole time i was af in the past..........................

good luck and keep us posted!!

MA:l:h
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Thanks Cowgirl, I find it shocking you can go out to a bar and see friends drinking and not want to? that has to be impossible. but even if you obsess over alcohol less every day and night, thats amazing to hear. i wonder if the reason im not obsessing is actually the bac working at just 30mg on day 3.

Comment

Maybe??

But it is probably motivation, which will wear off then u need to keep titrating up, cuz for me the urge did come back and sometimes still does which scares the crap out of me..... Then I up it more, holding ok at about 120-140 mg/day right now but so scared w/ all the stress I'm gonna hit the f-it switch & drink again..... It is a daily fight right now......

Keep us posted please!!

MA

Comment

Hi Cowgal...

You should be proud of yourself that you have done this well, and that you are still making the effort to straighten out your life. Your posts, along wiht those of many others, have certainly been encouraging for me to start over (again!). Sending you positive vibes & good energy!

I got the email that my Bac has been shipped. Can't wait to get started on it.... went to women's group
            Wine & Whine on Tuesday, haven't been in a month. Really the only "friends" I have since moving here a year ago... Had 1 glass, came home and had a bottle. Led to a big head and more... Just not a happy way to live. Hope springs eternal however! Just hope the mail system is fast in my favor!

best regards,

Jenn
            Jenn
            "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
            Leonard Cohen

Comment

Jenn

Nice to meet u, so u did take bac before? And stopped? Or just tried to go af or mod before and stopped??? Thanks for the compliments, don't feel I am doing that well, trying to stay positive, but divorcing after about 20 yrs of a life that has slowly deteriorated, it's hard on the emotions, heart, soul, and everything else...... I just thank god for this site......

Let us know how u do, I know moving to a new place is rough, u will meet people and adjust tho.....just stay positive...... I could never live in Michigan, way too cold for me!!! Thinking if I have to give the horses away of going back to south fl, where it is usually warm, not now tho...... This weather has me down too, too cold for me!!

Enough rambling, can u tell I like to talk!?

Keep in touch, pm me any time, I can give u my email too..... If u need help always reach out!!!

Love,

MA

Comment

Well, I got up to 180 and was *almost* indifferent, still drinking, but much of it out of habit. I went up to 190 (after 6 days at 180) and it felt like it was too much for my body to handle. I was so sleepy, and seeing things that weren't there when I was that sleepy. My breathing was so shallow it was freaking me out and when I tried to wake up in the middle of the night I couldn't open my eyes for several minutes. It freaked me out bigtime, so I dropped down to 80-100 over the next 10 days, and the beast has returned (of course). I wonder if Ititrate back up very slowly again it will be better? The whole experience was pretty scary. :upset:
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

??

Don't know what to tell u girlie, i thought it was soooo easy for me to titrate up, but I was on that weak stuff, this new stuff I'd had to be careful, guess I a grateful I got the weak stuff first.........I am still thinking about it, not obsessed yet but that bothers me..........I think it is just a part of us that we will always have, always going back to those good memories, when al was not a prob.........

Not much help, but just to let u know we are here for ya!! I am going to finally poop out and take a nap......................talk to you later................

MA:l:h

Comment

Hi again ....
                    Cowgal, Nice to meet you too! I used Topa for about 8 mos about 2.5 yrs ago. By the time I weaned off I was dating a guy who'd been sober for 40 yrs, & I was feeling pretty secure. He ditched me Jan 2008 and I gradually slid into my old ways. Got fired for the first time in my life in Sept... just about out of hope and money so came back to MWO thinking to restart Topa, but Bac looks like it might be better for me (even if I don't lose weight due to it)
                    I do understand the heartbreak you are going thru... my ex (16 yrs common law) abandoned me the very night we moved fronm TX to TN (state that does not recognize common law). Long ugly story....
                    I don't know how to PM, but if you can tell me I will try it :-)

Kirsti,
                    Not the best news to hear, but I still have to try it. In general, I think I would slowly titrate back up, but also make some other change that would help remind me that I'm starting a new life... What would you advise a pt with the same issue? Best of luck!
                    Jenn
                    "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
                    Leonard Cohen

Comment

yes keep up the good work cowgirl. Nice to meet you Jenn, topa gave me terrible side effects. baclofen i believe to be the best on here at this point.

Comment

oh!

So sorry Phoenix, yeah, some people cannot handle the somnolence, didn't bother me/doesn''t bother me now that i am used to it...................so sad for u..................

Kristi, to pm, u just go up and click on my avatar, then it gives u the option to pm or email..........just hit pm and type away, I answer them asap................yeah, tried topa, had a lifetime supply for free w/ the doc I worked with (the one who now prescribes me the bac, love him!!!) but it made me literally STUPID!!!, could not handle that, and it did not help me w/ the cravings at all.................I have tried it all, wasted so much $$ on the cure, until Aug 14, when I started Bac..............I tried Campral, Naltrexone, went and paid Rhonda Lenair (spiritual healer) thousands of $$, at least I got to spend a week w/ one of our bunch in Houston, but "healed me" until i hit the F-it switch and drank again, uncontrollably...................which always would happen................not w/ bac.....If I get pissed or upset, and I drink, I can only drink a few, then get really really drunk fast, then have to stop...................scared to do that now since I have now 8 days AF since last time I made a fool of myself, who knows what could happen.....................???

keep in touch, going to a gf's house to get away, but will have my iphone w/ me, pm'ing u my email in a min, u have plenty of time, I will be pooping out in a short bit!!

much love,:l:h
                        MA

Comment

yep, bump
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle

U still on bac??doing ok?? still drinking or af, I am af for 11 days now.............gonna stop counting soon, I just feel so good, that is all that matters, I remember the date, Feb 7...........u really should try it, it is awsome!! And things are finally going good in my life, I am so happy, hate my life at home, but only have another month and 1/2 there then will move to my little apartment................

pm me, if you feel like, or email me, you still have it?? i have emailed u a few times, but never heard anything back which seems normal for me anymore, starting to not let it bug me that I am feeling stronger and empowered!!

lots of love and luch!!

MA

Comment

Nothing dramatic for beatle

Yes, I am ok, no, I'm GOOD! Yes, I am still on bac (and expect I will be for the rest of my life -- and so what?)

I was gone from here not because of any drinking or personal problem -- simply lack of internet access. I still haven't caught up with e-mails nor the MWO threads (which is one reason why I bumped all those threads-- so I would not forget to catch up -- also, I think they should be fairly high up for new joiners)

I can only recall seeing 2 e-mails from you, MA-- one was a sort of forward-it type of message that didn't seem to require an answer, the other I haven't got round to yet. Have you sent me more?
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

can't remember!

Just respond to the one and I will think and look thru my sent file.................I am forgetting lots now that I am undergoing this divorce..................the stress, I hope and not old age??!!!

glad your back tho, sorry for your internet probs, I may have them soon too!!?? We have wifi in our house, but I am leaving in March, and don't know what it will be like in my appt................???

I think I have to go to the clubhouse to get the wifi, guess I'll have to get dressed and go to clubhouse to talk to you all instead of just sitting in my bedroom...............

Glad u r doing great on bac, keep it up!! Happy for u!!!

lots of love girlie!!:l:h:l

MA

Comment

Working...
                                X