Personal FAME ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal FAME ???

There is a member of this forum who PMed me awhile back asking me if I would "book Mark" their study site. I could find it on my goggle search. Shewanted me to help her and others keep it at the TOP of the list ??? She then went on to tell me she had just finished an interview with a NATIONAL magazine about this.
    I went to goggle and indeed her study with her name on it was the second one down.
    I wrote her back saying that i had no idea HOW to use a "book mark" but that i looked forward to reading the article.

This felt to me like a person who was out for personal FAME and gaining it by using unsuspecting innocent people. I don't know how else to interpret her actions, do you ???

Personal FAME ???

To me that sounds like a person who has something interesting to say and wants to spread the word!

That's fantastic...but having a website on the first page of google doesn't mean much sadly. I have lots, and I am still broke

Is wanting fame a sin? It sounds quite a good lofty goal to me...but then I am somewhat confused much of the time it seems.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

marbella;671135 wrote: To me that sounds like a person who has something interesting to say and wants to spread the word!

That's fantastic...but having a website on the first page of google doesn't mean much sadly. I have lots, and I am still broke

Is wanting fame a sin? It sounds quite a good lofty goal to me...but then I am somewhat confused much of the time it seems.
      Marbella, I see no shame in fame...most of us will get our 15 Min's of it. But I would feel used if I was being included in someones "Study" without my knowledge. In fact it would feel much like RAPE !!!.........but I too am like you, somewhat confused much of the time.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

ILOVEMYSELF;671138 wrote: But I would feel used if I was being included in someones "Study" without my knowledge.
        I guess we are all different...it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

In fact quite the opposite- if studying me could help someone else, I am all for it.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

Where is the study , what is it called as i would like to have a look. When I was trying to reseach baclofen in march I could not finds anything on the web so would be very interested. If you want to do it privately just PM me .

Many thnks

LOSTBOY :thanks:

Comment

Personal FAME ???

I couldn't agree more.
              We all have the right to our own opinion.
              I guess where you and I differ here is that i want all the information so I CAN make a decision whether I want to be included in a study or not.

I think an informed decision could then be made.......BUT that's just my own opinion on that.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

Lostboy;671155 wrote: Where is the study , what is it called as i would like to have a look. When I was trying to reseach baclofen in march I could not finds anything on the web so would be very interested. If you want to do it privately just PM me .

Many thnks

LOSTBOY :thanks:
                Lost boy.........it is like you. LOST !!!

Comment

Personal FAME ???

I agree. An informed decision is the way. This study is starting to really interest me. Can anybody tell me how to find it please?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Personal FAME ???

ILOVEMYSELF;671138 wrote: Marbella, I see no shame in fame...most of us will get our 15 Min's of it. But I would feel used if I was being included in someones "Study" without my knowledge.
                    I agree that if I was used in somebody's study without my knowledge, and it was posted on the internet, that I would be scared and outraged.

Were you named? We're you asked? Are any others of us involved? What is this study called? Do we have any way to address this?

I have always thought of this as a safe haven. I certainly don't want to be used without my personal permission.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Personal FAME ???

I would also like to be part of the study...if the studier is reading can you email or PM me please.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

I think she is referring zen, her thread a few weeks ago showed up on google if you google baclofen titration.
                        She was as surpised as I was that it showed up in my candid PMs with zen. If mywayout is her website, well I'd be shocked that she's the owner of mywayout lol
                        I congratulated zen that her thread made it on google
                        Here baclofen titration - Google Search

Thats about all I can surmise. Otherwise I am staying out of this

Comment

Personal FAME ???

ILOVEMYSELF;671160 wrote: Lost boy.........it is like you. LOST !!!
                          Not sure what you mean ? Can you give the link to the study.

Many thanks

LOSTBOY:thanks:

Comment

Personal FAME ???

Bill.P.;671171 wrote: I think she is referring zen, her thread a few weeks ago showed up on google if you google baclofen titration.
                            She was as surpised as I was that it showed up in my candid PMs with zen. If mywayout is her website, well I'd be shocked that she's the owner of mywayout lol
                            I congratulated zen that her thread made it on google
                            Here baclofen titration - Google Search

Thats about all I can surmise. Otherwise I am staying out of this
                            Thanks Bill! Shame there isn't more of a study going on...but I am sure there will be soon.

Comment

Personal FAME ???

marbella;671177 wrote: Thanks Bill! Shame there isn't more of a study going on...but I am sure there will be soon.
                              haha, I think someone has been hitting grandma's cough medicine

Comment

Working...
                              X