Anyone heard of or tried Alcolim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the link if anyone wants it. They also sell the Alcolim on this site.

Alcolim - Gut Doctor - Products designed to bring inner peace

I think you can get the main ingredient, pyruvate, in the U.S.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;714619 wrote: I found this on Gut Doctor:

"Alcolim is a patented natural formula developed by Russian born scientist Dr O.V. Galkina, an internationally recognised world leader in her field. Alcolim's unique formula balances neurotransmitters in the brain. Originally used as a formulation to deal with cravings for alcohol, it has more recently proved effective at relaxing the gastro-intestinal system in cases of IBS caused or exacerbated by stress. Because it naturally rebalances the neurotransmitters in the brain, including serotonin, it naturally enables a calming effect and a natural feeling of wellbeing that renders cravings unnecessary. Alcolim does not encourage any form of dependency."

I love this line:

"it naturally enables a calming effect and a natural feeling of wellbeing that renders cravings unnecessary. "

As if cravings were ever necessary!
      :H

I can't see any harm in us trying this.
      Marbs, have you ordered/bought this yet?
      Please keep us updated if you do.
      For me this would be a serious financial outlay with the exchange rate being what it is -- it would cost me the same as a weeks worth of groceries
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Maisie;713899 wrote: I would like to try it as well, Marbella. If we both order it are you insterested in starting a periodic check-in thread on our progress? Although, I'm not sure if there will be any trouble having it shipped to the U.S.
        I think it would be great if someone else tried it at the same time as me- because I am on bac, and doing very well as in my drinking is moderate, although I am not yet AF.

I am planning on going to a higher dose (40mgs) at the end of this week, and I think that will probably be my off switch- due to a strong reaction to all meds.

I would like to try the Alcolim together with the bac as any extra help is more than welcome, and if the alcolim does work, I may be able to lower my dosage faster, I don't think bac is a drug one needs to take forever- just until new habits are formed, although the jury is still out on that one...that is just my opinion.

Deebs- I haven't ordered yet, I attempted it but CC was not working due to no funds- times are very hard for so many of us right now, but I have just put some cash in the bank, so I will try this afternoon before it gets whizzed for something else

Maisie- Have you ordered yet?

I'll update this in a few hours when I re-attempt to order.

Comment

Good for you Marbs.
          We need all the bloody tools we can to get this right.
          I'll wait to hear how you and Maisie get on before I break the bank and buy some.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Card declined again Deebs.

*sigh*

I didn't get to the bank today, but ASAP will be ordering.

Comment

beatle;714622 wrote: here is the link if anyone wants it. They also sell the Alcolim on this site.

Alcolim - Gut Doctor - Products designed to bring inner peace

I think you can get the main ingredient, pyruvate, in the U.S.
              That was what was bothering me B- the main ingredient is easily available here for around $10 (online).

What I don't want is to order and find out it is fact the only ingredient!

But I guess without ordering we will never know!

Comment

I'm going to look for pyruvate locally. Everything that I've read points towards it being safe and very effective in helping with weight loss.
                There has been no well-known drug interactions with pyruvate so it can't do us any harm except possibly cause wind, bloating, and diarrhoea if the dosage is too high.

Comment

Marbella (and others): here (below) are the components, basically. It is on the Alcolim website. Absorbic acid is vitamin C (as I'm sure you know) and the other two ingredients -- lactic acid and magnesium -- are, like vitamin c, available otc in supplement form. I think you are throwing your money away on the Alcolim... although maybe their proportions are specially formulated?? You could always buy one and see:

Components

Alcolim’s main component, pyruvate, is a natural compound that plays a key role in many metabolic processes, as well as influencing your neurological pattern. Together with other components like ascorbic acid and lactic acid, it is able to reduce and eliminate the amount of neurotoxins generated by a lifestyle created through alcohol abuse, incorrect diet, daily stresses and loneliness. This naturally allows your body to rebalance your own neurological pattern. In addition, magnesium oxide helps the production processes and the maintenance of the nervous system. It is one of the key elements involved in the production of neurotransmitters and the processes for their uptake by the synaptic terminals (the junction between nerve cells where a nerve impulse is transferred from one neuron to another).
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Hi everyone...

I have just ordered some Pyruvate, and I will keep you posted as to how it works. I ordered it from VitaDigest and paid just under $10 per bottle. I think I paid more for shipping than the products!!!!!
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Yes, Marabella, I ordered it this weekend, but the website says it will take 15 days to arrive since it is from overseas. I'll let you know when it arrives. I sort of ordered against my better judgement, since my research indicated that the main ingredients are available quite cheaply locally. But, we'll see . . .

Comment

DeeBee;715629 wrote: I'm going to look for pyruvate locally. Everything that I've read points towards it being safe and very effective in helping with weight loss.
                        There has been no well-known drug interactions with pyruvate so it can't do us any harm except possibly cause wind, bloating, and diarrhoea if the dosage is too high.
                        DeeBee, I think that is a good idea. I'm very interested to hear about the results.

Comment

I too think basically the Pyruvate and a nice dose of vit C will amount to the same thing.

If money wasn't an issue with me I would order anyway, but I might have to just try the Pyruvate at the moment.

Maisie- we are counting on you to let us know how it goes!

I wouldn't be a good tester anyway, because of the bac.

Comment

The bottle of Alcolim arrived today. The instructions say to take one pill before breakfast and one at 5 pm for the first 3 days, and then one pill in the morning from day 4 on. Under the FAQs on the website, it says, "You will naturally reduce alcohol intake and, in so doing, you will feel better. Alcolim starts to work within the first ten days. After the initial month, some people require a ?top-up? bottle of Alcolim within the first six months. How long will the treatment last? One month with a possible top up required during the first six months."

Sorry, I need a translation to "American" english. What is a "top up?" If it works for only one month, what is the reference to a top up during the first six months?

Anyway, it's worth a try. After 15 days AF, I've been attempting to mod and tracked my progress faithfully (and honestly) on DrinkTracker. I think there is only once I've been able to hold to two drinks. Generally, once I have the first, I can't stop before 3 (sometimes 4), with AF strings in between (which is so much better than the whole wine bottle I was consuming every single night before I came back here). So at least there is some history to use as a base.

Well, guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

A "top up" is another bottle -- if needed.
                              I can't believe that they are saying you need to use it for ONLY ONE month.

I am interested to hear how you go Maisie, thanks for the post.

Comment

Thanks for posting Maisie- I am really looking forward to seeing how you go with this.

Does the bottle state the exact ingredients? The website was so vague!

Comment

Working...
                                X