Anyone heard of or tried Alcolim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you received yours, then mine should be here soon as well. Wow, it is making some strong promises on there!!! I hope it can even diminish the cravings, and also food!!!! From all the beer drinking I've been doing, I've gained about 45lbs....urrgggg!!!!
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Here is what the bottle says, Marbella:
      Ingredients: Ascorbic acid, Lactic acid, sodium pyruvate, magnesium oxide, chromium gluconate, microcrystaline cellulose.

There was an interesting little note on the packing slip. "We are currently in the process of re-packaging alcolin. In the meatime, it is the same product but in a handy travel size pot. If there has been a delay in your order please accept our sincere apologies. This is due to unexpeted media coverage and Royal Mail postal action.

Has there been "unexpected media coverage" in the UK?

Comment

P.S. One thing that bothers me a little about the product--the front of the bottle says, "Helping maintain a healthy relationship with alcohol." I really don't want a relationship with alcohol. I want alcohol to be a beverage I enjoy from time to time. I don't want a relationship with it anymore than I have a relationship with a bowl of rice or a green salad. I don't have uncontrollable urgings for rice; I don't have a compulsion to have the entire pan once I've had a serving or two. I wish alcohol could be the same way. Sigh . . .

Comment

Thanks Maisie- I have heard of magnesium and chromium taken together can help - maybe they are onto something- I do hope so.

I think the 'Happy Relationship' bit is OK- after all you have a happy relationship with carrots or coca-cola- I guess it justs means that although maybe an unfortunate choice of wording for most of us!

Comment

Zenstyle;720870 wrote: Marbs... I always suspected! :H

Sorry! lol...
            :H:H:H:H
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I need a boyfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

So do you. :H
                sigpic

Comment

LOL Zenny, think that is the first time I have laughed all week

You need a ciggie like you need a hole in the heart- don't even go there!!!

You need lots of orange juice, clean your teeth, take a shower...anything that turns you off the idea of a ciggie or go and buy a pound of carrots :H:H:H

Comment

I've been off the computer for a while to study for an exam, but I'm back.

This has been my experience so far with Alcolim:

Day 1 - 3 nothing obvious

Day 4 - 5 some gastric disturbance

Day 4 had 4 glasses of wine and had the worst headache and felt just awful (worse than I normally would have felt after 4 drinks) and the feeling lasted the entire next day. Funny, I also felt giddy after the first half glass, which is unheard of for me.

Day 5 had 2 glasses of wine and a repeat of the horrible headache, but felt bad for only half a day. Normally, 2 glasses do very little.

Day 6 and 7, had 1 glass of wine with a tiny top off, and when I thought of the headache had no desire for more. I don't know when the last time I stopped after one glass was. And one glass two days in a row? Before, the worry over a headache never stopped me.

So, I think it has definitely decreased my tolerance. Also I am able to rationally say, I'd rather not have the headache tomorrow, which has never been a deterent before. It remains to be seen how long it will last. I doubt it was psychological since I didn't have any high hopes and also didn't expect the effects to start for 10 days (something I read). Did anyone else start?

Comment

I am waiting to see how you get on Maisie- I am already on Bac, but would like extra help if it works.

It sounds hopeful so far- as soon as poss I will order.

Please continue to keep us posted.

Comment

I have just googled pyruvate and it occur's naturally in , red wine and dark beer's lol
                        Twitch

Comment

lIke thanks there tawny....
                          i really needed to know that

lol,lol,lol
                          "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                          Bring it on!

Comment

sorry, just thought it ironic
                            Twitch

Comment

I googled before ordering and found the same thing. But figured what the heck. I have to say apples and red wine never had this effect on me before.

Comment

Also, I probably should have checked the exchange rate before ordering. Ouch! When the dollar is doing better, it will probably be more affordable for us in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X