Cheating on Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating on Naltrexone

I find Naltrexone highly effective. I have not taken a drink while on it. My problem is that I cheat on days that I think that I might drink. So effectively I've gone from a 7 day drinker to having between 4-6 alcohol free days per week. My battle with alcohol starts in the morning when I take my pill. Not drinking feels like a punishment. It FEELS like a reward to not take my medication, and I decide every morning. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a naltrexone implant thereby relieving one of the choice, I feel like I've got this addiction thing in some sort of a holding pattern for the time being.... I'm thinking that this is a part of the sneakiness of addictive behaviours and I am a sneaky sneaky addict...

Cheating on Naltrexone

I hear you Tracey- I think we can all associate with that type of thinking.

You might want to try the Sinclair Method, when you only take the naltrexone if you think you are going to drink?

If you do a search here you will find lots of info, or go to thesinclairmethod.com where there are many people happy to help.

Comment

Cheating on Naltrexone

But I'm the exact opposite of that. I'm GIVING myself permission to drink. I think maybe an implant might take that option away from me.

Comment

Cheating on Naltrexone

Has anyone there had an implant

Comment

Cheating on Naltrexone

tracey-c;716703 wrote: But I'm the exact opposite of that. I'm GIVING myself permission to drink. I think maybe an implant might take that option away from me.
          But that is why I think the Sinclair Method would be good for you- you are supposed to give yourself permission to drink.

I do recall someone saying they had the implant- but I can't for the life of me remember who- will try to look it up.

Comment

Working...
          X