baclofen expiration dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first ordered my baclofil from RiverPharmacy. It was the generic Lioresal. The manufacturer date on the packages were 2007 and the expiration date was either 2011 or 2012.

Because 4rx.com was cheaper, I ordered from them on the second order. It was the nongeneric Baclofen that was listed on the packages. But I noticed that the expiration date on the medicine was June, 2009, just a month after I received the package! The manufacture date was in 2006.

I couldn't really tell the effectiveness difference between the two different orders, but I did notice that the 4rx tablets were more "soft and crumbly" than RiverPharmacy.

My questions: I started taking the 4rx immediately after the RiverPharmacy and didn't really notice a difference - it seemed they both worked. Could it be that after a few weeks on River that I was close to being cured, so the shift to 4rx was more of a placebo effect? Should we be concerned about expiration dates on these meds ?, is this the reason why some companies are cheaper (because they ship near exp. dates)?

Thanks,
    Cricket

Thanks, Zen
    I think expiration dates are something we need to discuss with online companies before we order. My concern is that some of these companies may be buying up large quantities of nearly expired product very cheaply to sell to consumers like us.

My worries may be all for naught, as recently expired medicines may be okay - I just do not know this at this time. But I believe many of us may buy the fresher product, if it is available, given our own unique situations. This could be a bargaining chip when purchasing.

Thanks again...

Comment

Thanks

I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
      I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
      have a blessed day
      Installing electric radiant floor heating systems - In and under floors heated flooring - Hydronic underfloor heat cost

Comment

badycli;725887 wrote: I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
        I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
        have a blessed day
        Heh?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

badycli - not understanding you. Please be more specific and we can help you.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Chili-- I think you raise an important question. It could indeed be that the cheap sources are doing exactly as you say.

On the other hand, for almost everything, from food to drugs, the expiration dates are not exactly relevant. In fact, it could be that the expiration dates are a purposeful way of increasing turnover.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Zen,
              Baclofen works for me. I spent several weeks on the River order and started the 4rx order immediately after (even took a combination of the two), so it's hard for me to tell the effectiveness difference between the two, although 4rx was soft and crumbly and River was not. I feel it keeps me alcohol free. I definitely don't have the cravings I used to have.

beatle,
              Yes, I'm worried about expiration dates. 3 years after manufacture seems like a long time. We probably need a pharmacist here to straighten this out, but I think we all would prefer a fresher batch.

Is anybody concerned about expiration dates on meds with online pharmacies? Maybe it is a question we need to raise when ordering.

Comment

Working...
              X