Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

naltrexone uk - is it really this expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I'm planning on starting a course of naltrexone and trying the Sinclair method to rid me of my increasingly out of control booze habit. I'm really optimistic after reading all the entries on the forum, and am about to order the book.

However - after looking at pharmacies online, the cost seems to be way too high for me to realistically consider taking the medication each day. The cheapest site I have seen is at soft-tabs -
    which is - 90 pills, 3 months dosage, for 494.00 USD/312.386 GBP

thats 100 pounds a month, and I don't know if I can afford that, as my gf and I have a baby on the way (hence the desire to get my life together).

Are there cheaper pharmacies? Should I just bite the bullet and forget the cost? Any advice would be really very welcome.

Also, I am not an every day drinker, just binging and losing it badly at weekends. Does this change things? Would I only be taking the medication before drinking, or does it need to be all the time at first?

I would prefer not to have it on my medical records, and doubt that my doctor would prescribe it anyway, otherwise I would try that route.

Thanks for reading,

FMB

Prescription Medicines - Prescription Drugs & Medicines, Indian online pharmacy for all type of generic drugsThis is alldaychemist, an Indian pharmacy ~140 US dollars for 90 pills

www.riverpharmacy.com ~270 US dollars for 90 pills

I don't know if these pharmacies deliver to the UK. I have several friends in the UK using the Sinclair Method and can investigate further if you need me to.

You only take it 1 hour before you drink. If you only drink 8-10 days per month then you only take 8-10 pills per month.

www.thesinclairmethod.com
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response and the good info, LoOp.

Just been looking on the Indian website, and am all ready to order twenty or so to see how they are for me, but I thought I should just double check to make absolutely sure I'm buying the correct medication....

im going for these: Naltima 50mg

I'm sure I read somewhere that there are similar sounding drugs that do completely different things, so I thought I should ask to make sure :-)

Peace

FMB

Comment

Naltima 50mg is what I use.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

I use naltrexone 50 mg and yes it is expensive. It is worth it for me. Has helped me tons.

Comment

Hi fly thanks for that post was a question I wanted to ask was contemplating going to the doctors to try and get it but after reading your post have just ordered some Naltima 50mg from alldaychemist worked out about ? 68 for 50 50mg tablet and that included the shipping , the shipping is $25 even if you only order 10 tablets do makes sence to order a bigger quantity. I had a problem paying and they returned my call immidiately so now awaiting them, hopefully they will be the last piece in the jigsaw of my drinking as I reguarly take baclofen and now adding these to my arsonal ! will keep you all posted on my results !

Comment

Hey all
              I am also in the UK and cannot get Naltrexone on prescription. Determined to follow the Sinclair method I have been ordering from Allday chemists in India, (Naltima 50mg) so far , so good, the meds arrive in time and as described, no noticable difference between this and UK prescribed Naltrexone, they are also the cheapest by far but so far seem reliable, shame about the fixed $25.00 shipping I know, it's painfull but worth every cent!!
              Good luck All.....we have found a way out....!finally!....Be patient with your journey, it does take time...but it will work...
              Love to all
              Benjy

Comment

Working...
              X