Antabuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse

I have some if anyone wants them. I've decided to try Bac instead.
    Just PM me
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Antabuse

So do I. Quite a lot actually. I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who wants it.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Antabuse

Can I ask? I drank 2 bottles of wine today - when can I start back on my antabuse?

Comment

Antabuse

I'm no expert but I would wait at least a day or so. You might go to the meds threads and read up more. Be very careful with AB, it's scary stuff.

:l
        Ak
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Antabuse

marin;740366 wrote: Can I ask? I drank 2 bottles of wine today - when can I start back on my antabuse?
          I was told to wait five days after drinking when I started.
          A note of caution though. There were some blood tests that I had to have before being allowed to start; liver function and some others. I'm not sure why but I thought I'd let you know.

Comment

Antabuse

At least five days, Popeye is also correct re. liver function test. Be very careful with this drug it works but if you drink with it it can be lethal.

Comment

Antabuse

Hi,

I asked on ahother thread if antabuse is working as desired, for me it isnt quite working.

I mean, I have the antabuse but from time to time I am taking a glass of vodka or wine and except for a headache I have nothing. I am currently taking 250 mg a day . Is the dose small, or is the antabuse not working. As far as I know it should create a stronger effect when trying to drink. Should I take 500 mg for a period in order to setlle in my system?
              I am taking Anbause for about 1 month.

Please let me know as this is very important to me.

I am also taking Campral for cravings.

IVL

Comment

Antabuse

Hello IVL,
                You shouldn't be drinking at all when you take Antabuse. As paula said, it can be lethal. If you increase the dose without medical supervision, then you'll be taking a bigger risk.
                I was taking 200 mg a day. Once I made a mistake and had a Christmas pudding with some brandy in it and I was quite ill for about an hour; shortness of breath, a racing heartbeat and I burst out in a bright red flush.
                If I were you, I'd Google 'Antabuse' (disulfiram) and find out how it works.
                Take care.

Comment

Antabuse

I was told to wait 24 hours after drinking to take Antabuse by two different doctors. Once I was so anxious to get started that I only waited about 12 hours. I was fine-- no reaction. I was on 100mg/day. I could drink about one glass of wine or one drink on this dose, but even that would make me flushed and blotchy -- really blotchy, so I would never drink outside my home. I guess if I went up in dosage, I wouldn't have been able to drink at all, but I was worried about that (i.e. hidden alcohol in food, cosmetics).

I also heard the Antabuse is hard on your liver, so if your liver is in bad shape, like mine, you probably should not take it.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                  X