Attempt at commercial gain from bac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B4A;933661 wrote: Can we just move on and do some important stuff?
    Phill
    *poof* gone
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yes, we will all play nice with one common goal and that is to help each other in the struggle against our addiction of alcohol. Anything that comes into play outside of that is usually not tolerated for very long on this forum. We all know that.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

*poof* up in smoke :O
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

I'll delete the link, Lo0p - I respect what you say.

But beware anyone who misrepresents themselves in this place.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

It occurs to me that the best way to resolve this is for Phill to write a new thread in which he "comes clean", and explains exactly where he came from and why he is doing what he is doing. There's a lot of innuendo and speculating going on here.

I have mostly supported Phill because he seems genuinely dedicated, and I find little evidence of any potential gain (other than personal satisfaction in helping others) that he could get from this now or in the future.

My take on this is that he made some big mistakes (primarily alcohol-related?) and, after a long and arduous struggle (which we all can relate to), he found a miracle of sorts in baclofen to "cure" his life-debilitating affliction, and now he sincerely burns with a passion to reach out and pass this on to others, and to help them recover as he did.

However, it appears that Phill did misrepresent himself (by omission?), playing up his credentials, without mentioning his disaccredation, etc.; when this background comes to light, it naturally affects his credibility.

If he were to clarify his background and intentions, just be above-board about it all, perhaps we could move on.

He has a lot to offer. He wants to, and he can, make a difference.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;933806 wrote: It occurs to me that the best way to resolve this is for Phill to write a new thread in which he "comes clean", and explains exactly where he came from and why he is doing what he is doing. There's a lot of innuendo and speculating going on here.

I have mostly supported Phill because he seems genuinely dedicated, and I find little evidence of any potential gain (other than personal satisfaction in helping others) that he could get from this now or in the future.

My take on this is that he made some big mistakes (primarily alcohol-related?) and, after a long and arduous struggle (which we all can relate to), he found a miracle of sorts in baclofen to "cure" his life-debilitating affliction, and now he sincerely burns with a passion to reach out and pass this on to others, and to help them recover as he did.

However, it appears that Phill did misrepresent himself (by omission?), playing up his credentials, without mentioning his disaccredation, etc.; when this background comes to light, it naturally affects his credibility.

If he were to clarify his background and intentions, just be above-board about it all, perhaps we could move on.

He has a lot to offer. He wants to, and he can, make a difference.
              You hit the nail on the head...very insightful. However, there are underlying issues that maybe Dr. Phil needs to work on.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Does anyone know about sugar sensitivity? I read on another site that sugar cravings stem from the same receptors as opiate addiction. (excuse my terminology) Does Baclofen stop sugar cravings as well as alcohol and opiate craving or does one have to change one's diet? Does one become indifferent to sugar on high dose Baclofen?

I posted some time ago that Balcofen is available over the counter in Spain. That is not the case. It is a prescription medication.

However, some pharmacies sell it over the counter and some don't. The law of Spain is coming into line with other European countries and they recently made it more difficult to obtain most prescription drugs with out a prescription. Obviously it is cathing up with Baclofen. We were able to purchase Baclofen at two of four pharmacies in Spain in July. It seems to be up to the individual pharmacist as to whether he feels he is taking a risk and with Baclofen I suppose some pharmacies just bend the rules a little!

(Just thought I would use this thread since everyone is reading it and it is going nowhere)
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Oops. Shouldn't have posted here.
                  Sorry.

Comment

Otter;934348 wrote: ... Does Baclofen stop sugar cravings ... Does one become indifferent to sugar on high dose Baclofen?
                    Hi Otter,

I developed a bit of a sweet tooth after going AF at 380mg/day of baclofen - quite high. I deal with it by keeping a lot of fruit on hand, and getting extra exercise. I have actually lost over 10lb in the month I have been AF. Not consuming 700-1000 extra calories of alcohol per night helps too. :H

-wort
                    TSM started 1/22/2010; Wks 1-6: 78u/wk
                    Baclofen + TSM started 3/5/10; Wks 7-25: 52u/wk
                    Alcohol free and indifferent since 7/15/2010

Comment

Returning to the subject of this thread again I have to agree with LoOps sentiments. Part of the reason for anonymity here is that alcohol makes people do incredibly stupid things. I have to say that what we have been through as a result of alcohol is far worse than what happened to Phil. I think it takes a brave soul to give up one's anonymity on this forum. I wouldn't and if someone published some stuff about what we have gone through I don't think I could ever come back here.
                      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Had to come into the city today to work a shift so I thought I'd check on things.

Zenstyle;933813 wrote: Lo0p... that post was a little harsh...
                        It's okay, he knows he's my favorite tigger
                        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                        :what?:
                        sigpic
                        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                        A Forum
                        Trolls need not apply

Comment

I think that was an inappropriate post, and I am surprised at you, Otter.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

...and your explanation for why you changed the subject abruptly is also inappropriate and also surprising.

Comment

Otter;934348 wrote: Does anyone know about sugar sensitivity? I read on another site that sugar cravings stem from the same receptors as opiate addiction. (excuse my terminology) Does Baclofen stop sugar cravings as well as alcohol and opiate craving or does one have to change one's diet? Does one become indifferent to sugar on high dose Baclofen?

I posted some time ago that Balcofen is available over the counter in Spain. That is not the case. It is a prescription medication.

However, some pharmacies sell it over the counter and some don't. The law of Spain is coming into line with other European countries and they recently made it more difficult to obtain most prescription drugs with out a prescription. Obviously it is cathing up with Baclofen. We were able to purchase Baclofen at two of four pharmacies in Spain in July. It seems to be up to the individual pharmacist as to whether he feels he is taking a risk and with Baclofen I suppose some pharmacies just bend the rules a little!

(Just thought I would use this thread since everyone is reading it and it is going nowhere)
                              I think that was an inappropriate post, and I am surprised at you, Otter.

I'm also surprised at your explanation for "using" this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X