JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY: What happens if you quit take Bac at 60 - 80mgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! So, please don't worry, I have no intentions of quitting Bac on purpose. In fact, quite the opposite. I plan on being on this miracle cure for quite some time. I also have hundreds of Bac pills on reserve. This stuff has kept me alcohol free almost immediately after taking it over three weeks ago when nothing, not Naltrexone, therapy, rehab, embarrassment could. And I still have a six pack in the fridge from three weeks ago! I can't recommend this medication enough!!!

Having said that, my paranoid mind is always at work I guess and with the thought of being on this for a very long time and possibly forever I started to wonder... Oh god, what if I were in a car accident and couldn't get to it or communicate that I take it? What if I hop a flight to Paris and forget to bring some (unlikely). Anyhow, at 60 - 80 mgs does anyone have any idea specifically what a person could expect? Are we talking panic attacks, or seizures?! And how long for etc.? I know this is total speculation, but what do you speculate? Thanks!

Thirdman,

Firstly, I am not a doctor nor do I portray one on T.V. However, I understand abrupt cessation of Baclofen can cause seizures.

Anecdotally, I relapsed in a huge way a couple weeks ago and quit taking it abruptly. I did not experience any issues other than the complete drunken mess I became.

I am back on the Baclofen and titrating up. However, I do have a card in my wallet with my DL stating I am on Baclofen and the dosage. I learned that from watching a woman have a heart attack next to me on an airplane and when the EMT arrived they were madly searching her purse to find out what drugs she was on.

We should list all meds we take and keep it in our wallets just in case.

So very glad to hear the Baclofen is a miracle for you!! Stories like yours makes me smile and very happy.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I must admit that worries me too. It was one of the reasons I took myself off anti dpressants...if I missed a couple of doses it was as though I was going totally insane. It is scary to think that wellbeing to function depends on daily tablets but I suppose it's just one of those things.

and to hear how well you have responded to the bac is just heart warming too.

Comment

Its been worrying me too, especially since I'm still on a high maintenace dose (160 180mg per day).

The only people who know are my wife and my psychiatrist.

Wearing a Medic Alert bracelet or dogtag is not an option, since I'm not on the same dose at all times as I try to find my correct maitenance dose . Maybe something in our wallets, like Cinders does, is a good option.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Me too!

The worries about discontinuing suddenly had me so worried, I recently went into the hospital a few weeks ago and THANK GOD I took my medication bottles w/ me...... Since (yes, as a nurse, I find this horribly negligent!!!) they did not give me my medications for the entire time I was there!!! I am on welbutrin, clonipin prn for leg cramps and baclofen...all of which you should not discontinue suddenly. I told the nurse that and she shrugged her shoulders and left the room!!

I don't know who's fault it was, the doctor, the establilshment(as I told the nurse before I was admitted)!!???

Just glad I had my bag w/ all medications in it w/ me.....

Good to have that info w/ you at all times.....

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I ended up fainting the other day after titrating down extremely fast...didn't mean to run out. I told my doc and she thinks I might be hypoglycemic, but I really don't think so. I think it was the bac.
            "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment -Eckhart Tolle"

Comment

This is a very serious topic, I'm sure we all know. I have been on 60-80mg/day for over 2 months now, and I'm sure a sudden discontinuation would not be well tolerated by my body. I'm going to print out one of those med cards (I'll bump the thread again after I post this), AND, be sure to have at least 2 days' supply with me at all times. I hope everyone else takes the necessary precautions.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
              X