Somewhere over the rainbow !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know that song ??? it was my late mothers Birthday yesterday and it comes form here favourite film. All about your dreams coming true !. Well I am pleased to report that thanks to Baclofen ( I am now on a maintaince dose of 50 to 75 mg a day depending on what happening) and a stat dose of naltrezone when I know I am going to have a drink, which thanks to the bac is maybe once or twice a week, its all kind of lost is appeal. So my dremas really have come true!!! after many many years I now feel that I have got control of al and not it of me and it is truely beyond my wildest dreams. I am now ready to get on with my life hopefully meet somebody new and know that I will not get drunk and mess it up, ( I have spent the last 20 years doing that and the heart ache of it all has has me literally on my knees many times , THIS LAST YEAR HAS BEEN THE HARDEST OF MY LIFE AFTER THE BREAK UP OF A RELATIONSHIP THAT I THOUGHT WAS FOR LIFE DUE TO MY DRINKING ) funny I did not mean to type that last sentence in capital but hit the caps lock but seems quite ponient that it is as it over now and I want to enbrace the next year sober and happy so i will leave it in capitals !I feel humble beyond relief that i have found a cure to my illness. I would urge anybody to give baclofen a try I know betting it is not easy and invloves expence but what price do you put on your well being ?? mentally physically and for me the hardest one emotionally, I always knew I was a good person but al turn me into a nasty foul mouthed angry demon, and witht eh best will in the world people react to what they see. So thats me guy , looking forward to my new life

BH x x

Brave-- That's absolutely fantastic! I totally know how you feel. I'm so happy for you.

Comment

Working...
    X