Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sinclair method works or not? forget antabuse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK youhave all got me interested here ! I have been on bac for 4 months and its a wonder taken away the craving but I choose to mod and I take naltrezone when i am having a drink 2/3 times a week and then its jsut a couple I can do that now .But am I getting this right if I take naltrezone everyday for a period of time and have a couple of drinks eveyday eventually the electrical pathways in my brain will be altered and I will be cured ????? sorry if I need it spelling out but I am just really excited aobut what I have just been reading ?? I thought you had to drink large quantities on the SM ? Think I need to spend some time looking into this sounds like good just got better !

Comment

You shouldn't force yourself to drink on Naltrexone. You should continue to drink as you normally do. If that is only a few times a week then that is when you take your Nal - 1 hour before drinking. There is NO specific timeframe in which Nal works to cure. It is different for everyone. Increasing your drinking just to take Nal doesn't make any sense if you are successfully modding already.
      Claremont
      343633 27
      25 28
      1 year of Nal November 24. Started Topa/Nal October 5

Comment

Claremont is exactly right.

Here's another way of putting it: You are going to drink anyway, so you might as well take nal 1 hour before you drink. In fact, Sinclair and Eskapa recommend those at risk, but who have not yet developed a drinking problem, take nal before drinking to prevent addiction.

Just to be clear: You always take nal 1 hour before drinking, for the rest of your life. That's the Golden Rule. Otherwise, you can become re-addicted more rapidly than you got addicted the first time. But, you take it ONLY when you drink, which becomes less and less often.

Comment

That's what I'm doing Bravehearted. I've got one issue with it though. When I'm on baclofen I don't crave alcohol and on TSM you are supposed to be drinking through cravings to extinguish them.

I'm thinking of laying off of the baclofen like once or twice a week to continue TSM. I'm a little unsure as how to proceed.
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

I am a little confused, like you loop I no longer crave al , I have my momnets but they just pass, its not on my mind all the time and funnily enough i no cant remember what it was like before i know it was diffeant and it was a bit problem but in a few months the memory has faded ! But i digress. i am very interested in rewiring my brain, should I just have a couple of drinks a day for a few weeks and take the nal ?? seems a bit risky , dont think I would like to do that as left that behind , but I would love a real cure . Needs some thinking about. I am visiting family at christmas and will probably have a few drinks everyday for a week so will take it everyday then . Does 1 nal tablet last all day ??

Comment

You could watch my progress and I'll let you know how it goes.

One nal should last all day, just take it one hour before you drink and not just in the morning.
              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
              :what?:
              sigpic
              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
              A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Big thanks, Lo0p and lena!

Between the two of you, I now have a much better understanding -- it all supports what I sensed, but I always need to know, I mean UNDERSTAND, everything.

I've been reading a little bit about using bac and nal together and how the two address different aspects of the alcoholic's physiology, but I just douldn't (didn't and couldn't) seem to put the pieces of the puzzle together to make the whole picture.

But now I get it (at least mostly)... and I am convinced.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Same for me Lena and Loop I have been taking the bac and nal but now have a better understanding of whats going on ! and I shall watch your progress with interst Loop

Comment

Because it is a different drug that works chemically on different parts of the brain. Baclofen is an anti-spasmotic and Naltrexone is a opiate blocker. They work on 2 different levels. More info later.

Comment

I placed this before but for some reason it got lost. Baclofen is an anti-spasmotic whereras Naltrexone is a opiate blocker.They work on two different parts of the brain. The two drugs are entirely different in terms of the way they work.Does that help? more info to follow

Comment

Make a liar out of me ta da

Comment

we'll make a liar out of you if you don't follow up on the "more info later" ... :bat
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Does anyone know a doctor or clinic in NYC who uses TSM as treatment?

Comment

If you check the siclaire method forum this a post there for doctors thesinclairmethod.com • Index page and mabey there is one in nyc - one would think so

Good luck in your search

Comment

Hi

I'm sick of hating myself too. it's awful. I'm in CT as well. i'm going to go back to AA. are you still sober? i have topamax but haven't taken it yet.

jeanie

Comment

Working...
                                X