Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 AF days!!

that is cool!!

Loop, maybe I SHOULD start on nal w/ the bac, I am not doing well on bac anymore, placebo effect for 2 1/2 months, I doubt it, but just the stressors of life, along w/ the new job make me more prone to alcoholic thoughts, maybe I need to go to more meetings?? Just need some friends and hugs and cheering "in person" right now I guess maybe that is what I should do rather than more drugs??!! I am truly happy for you!!! I was like that at the beginning, maybe I am just losing steam????

MA:l:l
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

2 AF days!!

Welcome to the other side, you made it! Pretty darn good feeling isnt it?

Comment

2 AF days!!

Bill.P.;765718 wrote: Welcome to the other side, you made it! Pretty darn good feeling isnt it?
        Bizarre is more like it. I thought it would feel amazing, it just feels normal. Normal is good. Well, normal is amazing I guess lol. :H

Cowgal I can't run around telling people to do what I did, but it's working for me. I'm hoping to be able to keep drinking a little bit to keep TSM going and be off the baclofen within a couple of months. Cured. We'll see.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

Lo0p;765730 wrote: Bizarre is more like it. I thought it would feel amazing, it just feels normal. Normal is good. Well, normal is amazing I guess lol. :H

Cowgal I can't run around telling people to do what I did, but it's working for me. I'm hoping to be able to keep drinking a little bit to keep TSM going and be off the baclofen within a couple of months. Cured. We'll see.
          Well I still remember the friday after I had quickly titrated up and I thought, I dont need to drink, I didnt think about a drink. It was also a bizarre surreal feeling to have that realization. I mean, the world was still turning, same old same old on boob tube. Just an indescribable personal feeling of a ball and chain being cut from my leg
          At any rate, report about your continuing successes for future peeps

Comment

2 AF days!!

Lo0p,

I am happier for you than you can imagine.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

2 AF days!!

Thanks everybody!

Cowgal, are you sure it's not just an issue of dosage? I haven't seen you post about this elsewhere so I don't know if you've talked about it already.
              sigpic

A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

Lo0p;765593 wrote:

Every single person there drank more than me except for my 2 1/2 year old niece, and I didn't care! The thought of getting drunk never once crossed my mind.

:shocked: :yay: :wow:

I always thought that I wanted to eventually abstain completely from alcohol. As of late, I just don't care. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It's a complete non-issue.
                This is how I am hoping it will be for me. With both me and my husband drinkers, I always get to be the "sober bob", and I hate that I have to "miss out" when everyone else is having a wild time- I would love to "not care" if I have a drink or not - to me that will be pure freedom - liberation.:yougo:

Although after last Saturday night, I am now seriously wondering if I do "miss out". I had way more than my fair share, made an idiot of myself and felt disgusting the next day, and still have a headache two days later. I can now see things from a different perspective. I cant wait for my Baclofen to arrive.
                Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                :h ya
                Trix

Comment

2 AF days!!

5 AF days this last week

Four and a half units consumed
                  sigpic

A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

impressive! Glad it's working.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

2 AF days!!

great job loop!

you have done awesome dude!!! Keep on, that is inspiring!!!:goodjob:

Love,
                      your ditzy:H:H:H:H MA

Comment

2 AF days!!

My weekly units have been
                        Sunday 6
                        Monday 0
                        Tuesday 1
                        Weds 4
                        Thursday 0
                        Friday 0 (hoping)

Weekly total is 11 so far, my weekly total is usually 20-28 or so.

I was actually headed to the grocery store to get wine last night and was able to talk myself out of it. I went home and did 5 miles on the treadmill, more as a distraction, really. I feel great this morning, hoping to resist tonite, as I almost always drink on Friday night.

PS I am at 130mg of Baclofen and it seems to be lessening the cravings. Instead of feeling like someone is gripping me inside of my chest and lifting me off my feet, its more a feeling of hm... a glass of wine would feel (notice I did not say "taste") good about now.
                        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

2 AF days!!

Great!!!

You are doing well phoenix!! Should be proud of yourself!!!

Hugs

MA

Comment

2 AF days!!

I'm bumping this thread for others who are planning to use this Naltrexone / Baclofen combination approach and are also fans of the hard-core Gym / Cardio routine -- As you know I'm new but I seem to be noticing this seems to be more common with the younger lot as we still 'crave' the gym activity just as much as the drink.

Loop would you maybe think of add something to that effect to the title or rather even leave this be but create a new post so its easier to find?

In any case, I hope to start posting my experiences too, but you da pioneer! Ha.
                            :goodjob:
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

2 AF days!!

I might match Bac titration with you -- I was previously prescribed Baclofen in the fall of 2003 when I was starting to run out of my options for my post-breakup anxieties but whatever that dose was it never worked for me and I eventually turned to drinking. Like yourself I also have sleeping issues and have taken Ambien and Lunesta in the past so I don't really foresee sleeping a little more as that much of a problem -- more of an issue for me is that I'm not too tired in the daytime, but hopefully coffee can take care of that.

Loop, If you get a chance to do so kindly PM me your initial titration schedule. I appreciate it.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

2 AF days!!

Keep up the good work Loop

Comment

Working...
                                X