2 AF days!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 AF days!!

For those of you that don't know I am using both The Sinclair Method and Baclofen.

I'm at about week 16 into The Sinclair Method and I've got my dose up to 200-300mgs on Baclofen.

I just had 2 effortless AF days!! These are the first AF days I've had since abstinence in June!

My hope is that these to treatments will work synergistically to promote eventual abstinence. This isn't supported by scientific evidence but it seems to be working quite well for me. -E
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

2 AF days!!

Congrats on your 2 AF days!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

2 AF days!!

Go, Lo0p!!!

Just be careful, OK?

Tigger still wants his pic taken with that bridge you mentioned
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

2 AF days!!

:goodjob: LoOp,

J x
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

2 AF days!!

Awesome Lo0p!!
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

2 AF days!!

Well done loop! How long did it take for your body to get used to both naltrex and bac? what side effects did you or do you have?

Comment

2 AF days!!

I was very nauseous the and threw up first night on naltrexone. I had no side effects on the second day and none ever after that.

I titrated up very quickly on baclofen and am now on 200-300mgs. Main side effect is somnolence and even that isn't too bothersome. Interestingly enough, I have major problems sleeping for more than an hour at a time, probably because I'm not drinking. I plan on titrating back down the way Ameisen did on days 49-63.

I planning on not even taking it 2-3 days a week or at least dramatically lowering my dosage to keep drinking so that I can keep the pharmacological extinction going with TSM.

I'm already in uncharted waters but I've been right so far and so far I've already saved my life twice so why not? :nutso:

I'm not going to reveal how long it took me to titrate up to 200-300mgs because I believe I am very special case titrating that quickly and I wouldn't want anyone duplicating it.
              sigpic

A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

Fair enough. Its very brave trialling both medthods at once, that shows how far you are willing to go! I have tried both meds, sadly none of them agree with me and seem to interfere hugely with my mood, bringing major depressive episodes. I may try naltrex again tho and perservere to see if it eases up.

Well done to you, keep trucking on!

Comment

2 AF days!!

I know of someone over on the TSM boards who had very severe side effects to the naltrexone. They couldn't even take 12.5 mgs without getting very 'spacey' and 'out of it'.

They eventually ended up crushing a 50mg pill and dissolving it in water and using a milliliter dropper to pull out doses and titrated up extremely slowly at like 2 mg increments or something like that. Last time I heard from them they had worked their way up to 25 mgs with much improved side effects.

I don't know if Baclofen is soluble in water but if it is you could try this approach with either med. I haven't heard of anyone that persisted and didn't have the side effects of either med eventually abate. I haven't read Zman's story but I know he discontinued baclofen because of SE's.

A slow titration could be the answer. A couple of weeks worth of SE's has got to be worth avoiding a pain worse than death.
                  sigpic

A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

sigpic

A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

2 AF days!!

Great job, Loop! I look forward to hearing more.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

2 AF days!!

Yeah Im hearing what your saying there Loop, I did perservere with the Bac for a couple of months, I titrated really slowly, did it all by the book but slowly and surely it took its toll on my mood, Im talking serious mood probs, I am prone to this anyway but the Bac really exacerbated it. I trialled Naltrex briefly for about 2 weeks and it had the same profound effect on my mood. I have spoken to Bill P about it who was very helpful. Still I have to persevere with something, and am desperate to try and nut something out, because as you say its got to be better than the alternative.

regards indiv

Comment

2 AF days!!

great job loop!

I am so happy for you, that is great, I am worried about myself actually, w/ all the holidays, family (inlaws who drink extremely alcoholically) has me going nuts.............I am thinking about upping my bac dose alot........................I think you are doing great, keep us posted!!!

MA:l:h
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

2 AF days!!

Lo0p, could you please explain the difference between AF and abstinence?
                            Kelly

Comment

2 AF days!!

Nothing technically, except that abstinence is usually referring to an extended period of time. I'm the wrong person to ask though, don't ask me to define something like "dry drunk," as I don't know what is meant by that.
                              I just didn't drink for 3 days and it was completely effortless. I went to my family's Thanksgiving dinner last night and had one beer during the day and a half a glass of wine with dinner, and that was all. I didn't want anymore.

Every single person there drank more than me except for my 2 1/2 year old niece, and I didn't care! The thought of getting drunk never once crossed my mind.

:shocked: :yay: :wow:

I always thought that I wanted to eventually abstain completely from alcohol. As of late, I just don't care. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It's a complete non-issue.
                              sigpic

A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                              X