What to try??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to try??

I have tried Campral and Antabuse....either they make me "crazy" emotional or cause nausea and vomiting. After thinking it was just a "habit" I realized while on Antabuse I truly do crave it. I have 2 strong drinks each night and never more but I know it is a problem because I try to stop and can't. I don't want the 2 to become 3 or more or start earlier in the day. I am looking into Naltrexone to help with the cravings. Any thoughts? Obviously my body doesn't like "drugs" but I need something to help with these cravings.
    Thanks for any help.

What to try??

I have had great success on the Sinclaire Method with naltrexone. I have a ways to go but feel like it's been nothing short of a miracle for me. The side effects I had in the begining was some crazy insomnia - the worst of my life but that went away in a week. I have tinnitus - years of playing in bands - so when I take naltrexone the "ringing" gets louder and last for 24 hrs or so. I have had tinnitus since my early 20's I am 42 so I am used to it. These things are a small price to pay to tame and kill the beast called alcohol.

Comment

What to try??

freelife;776049 wrote: I have tried Campral and Antabuse....either they make me "crazy" emotional or cause nausea and vomiting. After thinking it was just a "habit" I realized while on Antabuse I truly do crave it. I have 2 strong drinks each night and never more but I know it is a problem because I try to stop and can't. I don't want the 2 to become 3 or more or start earlier in the day. I am looking into Naltrexone to help with the cravings. Any thoughts? Obviously my body doesn't like "drugs" but I need something to help with these cravings.
      Thanks for any help.
      I suggest you spend some time reading the Baclofen threads on this forum, if you haven't already. And if you have more questions, just post them!
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
      X