Baclofen and exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and exercise

Lo0p, that's a fantastic squat - is that a 275lb bar on a back squat? If so, multiple sets of 20 is great! I've been doing Crossfit, but at a body weight of 270, I'm only able to back squat around 150, and then only for a few reps. Way to go!

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Yessir! It's the baclofen I swear. I know nobody believe's me but it has to be.

3 years ago I was squatting 4x20 @ 135. I went up to 155 in about 6 months. Considering the volume (4x20) that's a pretty decent increase. I wasn't even shooting for a strength increase. I was eating at a caloric deficit for fat loss and the volume of squat's I was doing was for more of a metabolic (cardio) type effect. My transformation pictures here (from early Jan to early Feb prove it: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...nds-42543.html

Last year I started getting serious about the baclofen in Late November. I started training Dec 1. I went up 10 lbs about every week until I was hovering around 185. I stayed there (below 200) because I couldn't believe it was even safe to go higher. Finally in March I said f%^k it and started pushin' it again. And then last week I finally eek'ed out a 4x20 @ 275

I love those mirrors only because I can see the looks I get from people!! I don't blame them either. It looks very strange. Around rep 13 or 14, the people that know how hard it is (it is one of, if not the most taxing exercises there is) start looking at me like "what in the hell is he doing?" Then after resting (at about the 1:00 mark) I start dancing around the bar trying to psych myself up for another one and they look at me like "no way, he's not...he is not
      gonna do it again is he?"

@ 1:30 I hit it. When I'm done I basically collapse, sweating and breathing so heavy it looks like I'm having go%$amn spiritual experience right there on the floor. :H
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

I took a 4 mile hike in yosemite yesterday. It was pretty much straight up hill to the top of vernal falls. I had done this hike a few years back not on baclofen. This time I felt my muscles were very wobbley. My heart beat very fast and I felt dizzy at times. It seemed like it was a lot harder to do. This is even tho I normally walk on treadmill 3+ miles 5 days a week uphill. The starting altitude was 4000 and I think the ending may have been about 5500. I made it but wonder if it is the baclofen effect on my muscles. Has anyone any experience with this or am I just getting old? I am only on 30/day now and feel quite well otherwise. A little sore in thighs today (I think from "breaking" on the way down). Any ideas?
        Sunny

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

bump, any experience with strenuous exertion and bac?

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Bump, for interested people. Currently I am doing 4x20 squats @ 225 lbs.
            sigpic

A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Are you going for endurance and that's why you do 20 reps?
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

I'm trying different things all the time but I always come back to the 4x20's.

Talk about getting high! After a set of 4x20 squats as heavy (and safe) as you can go you are in another world, on a different plane.

The reason I started with the 4x20's was for more of a metabolic hit. It really gets your heart going and burns an a$$load of fat both while you are doing them and it raises your metabolism for hours afterward.

I'm always learning new and effective ways to burn fat (cause I like to eat LOTS of ice cream!!) and the 4x20 squats have remained a mainstay for my routines for years now.

The side benefits are numerous: endurance, increased test, increased metabolism, makes my a$$ big in a good way :H and on and on...
                sigpic

A Forum
                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

You're an Amazon, Lo0p, plain and simple. A mutant. :H
                  Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                  That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                  Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                  Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Have you seen this one Loop. Stimulatory effect of acute baclofen administratio... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1979] - PubMed result Looks like it may make some contribution.
                    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

The abstract is missing an important verb. did it increase or decrease the GH?
                      Sunny

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Increases it. Therefor I guess your muscles get bigger faster
                        Chronic baclofen therapy improves the blunted growth hormone response to intravenous arginine in subjects with spinal cord injury -- Bauman et al. 78 (5): 1135 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Maybe that is why I have been loosing weight at the gym faster than I would have expected. Also my sons tell me I am getting buff. I am a 58 year old woman who has a few more pounds to loose.
                          Does the muscle hypertrophy, if any, mean stronger as well?
                          But now that I am nearly tapered off of the bac will I become weaker?
                          Sunny

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

No idea what hypertophy is.
                            Enter Loop!

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Okay I'll bite. Gimme a lil' while to pull some pics and stuff together.
                              sigpic

A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hypertrophy = muscle growth.

I'm looking into to getting back into a workout routine, so I am following this thread with much interest! That baclofen can actually increase my muscle gains leave me less tired and sore is fantastic! Hopefully I will be posting some positive experiences of my own soon!
                                Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                                ~Clutch

Comment

Working...
                                X